Talk! :-)

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Here is a thread to keep the talking about other things down on the fish related threads and ones about other things. We can just talk here and that will keep conversation down in other places. On this just tell what you did on that day or what you want to do or are doing or just anything. ;D Is everyone happy. ;D

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Sure am. ;D Actually I'm not but oh well. I'll get this started. Today I had to work and it was VERY hot. It was in the 80's and humid. I had to take the 4 weeler and spray thistle and the fence rows. Then I had to go and get more roundup with my do-worker and then it started to pour down rain and I just stopped for the day. Then I got on here. ;D I'm really bored. What did you guys do? :D

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
I didn't really do much either( since 11 year olds don't really have much of a social life) What i did  hmmmm .... i was on the computer for awhile and i went to the local swim club ( the weather here in OH hasn't been the warmest in all the history of our state) so i wasn't there for long... hmmmm..... ok that was pretty much my day ;D

Cillana

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Louisiana
www.cillana.corydorasworld.com
Still soaked from Tropical Storm Allison. At least it made it cooler.

Finally bought some fertilizer for my plants the other day. Now they will be very happy.

I start my new job Monday! In case you didn't hear already, I get to set up and take care of a bunch of tanks and actually get paid for it. They're at a night club. I wish someone would pay me to clean my tanks.

In about a week I'm going to go stay with my sister at her apartment for a few days. Her roommate is out of town so I don't have to worry about finding a place to sleep. Her roommate's cats are there though so I get to play with them. ;D We plan to have a lot of fun: go shopping, go to a movie, go to this restaurant with a huge aquarium in it, hang out, etc.

This November we plan to have a lot of fun too. I'll be turning 18 and she'll be turning 21. Party time! ;D We plan to go bar hopping (I get to be the designated driver) and get tattoos (she already has a lizard and a dragonfly) of the chinese characters that mean younger sister on me and older sister on her. If I can take the pain, we're also going to get koi tattoos that looks as if it's swimming around the chinese letters (bird's eye view).

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Wow Cillana sounds like your gonna be busy. I hope you enjoy your new job. ;D I'm going to get a tatoo when I can get one of my freinds to take me. My mom says I can't but she can't stop me when my cousin takes me and signs for it. Since I'm only 14 I can't get one on my own so I have to get an 18 year old to sign. I'll be in trouble but I'm paying for it so I don't care. It's gonna be a chinese character of the word dragon. I want one that says "Bitch" on my girlfriend but I don't think she will ever do it. ;D

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Cloth I'm still debating it but I've wanted this for 2-3 years now and I'm really wanting it. I know the downfalls and stuff that goes with them. There is a way to get them removed yet that's really expensive so I'm debating it. Maybe I'll just get one of those stencil tattoos that last for a couple of months and then rub off. If I get it I'm going to put it right above my butt at the base of my spine. That way my parents won't see it for a while. ;D If I do end up getting it then it will be the only one I get. I don't like the cluttered look of those people completely covered in tattoos. A few is fine but not a lot. I just want on right above my butt. ;D Thanks for trying to warn me though cloth. I will look into it some more and think long and hard about it. :D

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Hooker ??? ;D That's funny fishboy. I think it's worse than a hooker. Most of them don't really even have tattoos. More like white trash. ;D That's if your like completely covered with really untasteful crappy ones. Cloth what all do you have on your arm? I want mine right above my butt just cause it's the place I think would hurt the least and I like them there. Or I want one under my neck on my upper back of a big design. Does anyone else have tattoos? ;D

AquaPsycho

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cilliana where do you live? I live in California and I dont know of any bars around here where you dont have to be 21 to get in. Some friends of mine have a band and they have been playing at the local bars. The singers girlfriend isnt 21 yet so she never gets to go hear them play =[

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
I've gotten into a bar and I'm not 21. Just don't ask I did okay. ;D I've been in them when I was younger too but that was with my dad so it really doesn't count. :D Also I live in Kenucky where the law is pretty relaxed here. Hick town. You don't need to go to a bar around here just go to the neighbors house. Parties all the time. ;D

I have still been thinking about the tattoo thing and the more I think about it the more I want it. It gonna cost around $50 and be about 3 inches wide and 4 inches tall. That's not too big and it's going right above my butt at the base of my spine. I don't know though. Does anyone else have tattoos and experiences? I need some advice here. ;D

I live in Louisiana. Here you only have to be 18 to get into bars. You can hang out but they can't serve you alcohol. I think we were the last state to raise the drinking age from 18 to 21. It wasn't that long ago, a few years. I don't ever plan on drinking anyway. It's not my thing.

scrimman

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.caprok.net
::)rolling eyes at ryan and fishboy for calling cloth a "hooker" ::) Dudes, do you usually slam somebody who offers you good advice?

Cillana, I hope y'all don't get slammed as hard as Houston did.  My brother in law lives there.  I've been to his house, so when he says the water was up to the porch I know what he's tal

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
No you have it all wrong! I wasn't calling cloth a hooker I was talking about all of those people who have untasteful tattoos covering there legs and bellies and stuff. I don't think anything about the arms like cloth has I was talking about people who have like satanic and trashy stuff all over them. It's just not cool at all. Hope that clears it up for you. ;D

Yes I have an email friend who lives in Houston and they have water standing about a mile form their house and they are on vacation and waiting and hoping nothing happens to them. They said it's really bad out there. Hope it clears up for them soon. ;D

scrimman

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.caprok.net
Thanks Ryan, that clears it up for me.  It's hard to tell sometimes on a message board what is ment, because inflection, tone, and facial expression don't transfer very well.
I'll go back to lurking now.......

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
Remember young friends...you shouldn't judge anyone, or stereotype anyone. What if I and arcab had these tatoos covering our bodies? Are we both hookers or trash?(sorry arcab..had to use you..hehe)

I dont, but I could...and I am a pretty descent guy.

Tatoos dont make somebody...its who is inside that matters..right?

Just thought I would add that.  ;)

I am starting my other 30 into a plant tank with profile. My lighting kinda stinks for it(40 watts).

I have very limited money for it...so I am considering the 2 75 watt plant lamps at the depot($15 each) I mentioned a while ago. Just have to take my new game back ..which I beat already.

If things work out....in a month or two..I may redo my 55 gallon (120 watts light) to fully planted. I am so impressed with how the 30 fully planted(80 watts) is looking, and I have to constantly throw good plant cuttings out.
8)