rocks fixated together.

aghenthe

Small Fish
Nov 30, 2011
Hello, Do you guys have your rocks fixated together or just piled up? I'm thinking I should fixate mine somehow, but I don't want to mess up the bacteria. How can I achieve this?

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I just have mine piled, but in such a way they're stable. Some people drill the rocks and put PVC pipes to keep them together. It shouldn't upset the bacteria too much if you do this.

If you plan to keep corals, they don't like to be on rocks that "rock" in the current. Careful placement is key.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
also, make sure you put rock down before substrate, a lot of people dont do it and it could be dangerous if you have burrowing fish, itll make the rock topple over.

i just have mine stacked so their really stable, but some peices i siliconed just to be safe, but some small ones with frags i super glued to be faster

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I am going to use acrylic rods and motar to make my rock structures in the new tank I am putting together. This is the tank I am going to try and emulate in the new tank. I have found another tank that I like the aqua structure also, so its a toss up on which one I will use. This is the front runner though.

Bonsai Inspierd Reef - YouTube