Re: Which Fish Would You Most Like To Breed

Franky099

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
southern Ohio
www.aquabid.com
I gave up on the bettas!!!

Now im trying to get my 55 gallon planted tank to take off with growth.  Im going to try the DIY co2 system.  Id like to have discus...but My water is just way to hard for the.  Right now I have 12 neons in there, 2 chinese *yuk* algea eaters, and 5 mystery snails in there.  I love the neons....I want about 50 more, lol.  And of course im gonna have to get some cories in there.  love them guys :)

tabby360

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NW Arkansas
Ive also been trying to breed my guppies but they wont. I read some where that store bought guppies are sometimes raised in water full of steroids which can cause breeding problems. I want to breed bettas but i cant find any females. If you ask me swordtails are easy to breed, I only have one and i didnt realize i bought he pregnant

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
you can't get your guppies to breed? There's no work involved breeding livebearers They're way too easy if you ask me, i just don't trust them...(paranoia taking over :-[)

Oct 22, 2002
I have a great breeding pair of Frontosa and I live in the Seattle Wa. area if you were interested.  But I guess the fish I would love to breed would have to be ummmm,  the clown loach now that would be quite interesting.

Sonofseattle

Oct 22, 2002
www.llewella.nl
I would like to breed frontosa's...
They are mouthbreeders what seems very interesting to me, and they are big and beautyful :)
With christmas me and my boyfriend will buy a nice gift for us, a 142 Gal tank for frontosa's and some other tanganyikans...
For now I breed betta's, angelfish and I am trying to breed blue rams (female keeps eating the eggs)...
Also I breed zebra danio's, uhm I didn't want to but they just did it ;)
I will also try to breed bristlenoses, I will look for a male tonight so my female is not lonely anymore...

Oct 22, 2002
St.Louis
I would love to try to get a pair of Lima Shovelnoses to breed. It's never been done in an aquarium before.  No one even knows how to sex them!the most that has ever been observed was a pair that laid eggs( didn't see which was which)but went bad after a while or they got eaten, don't recall which happened.  I would also like my boesman rainbows to breed. if i get some babies of those guys, i'm trading some for some gardeni killifish with a girl from my work.

P

Padme

I would like to breed kuhlis, loaches (yoyo, clown,B.striata, B.modesta), puffers (dwarf), Julidochromis dickfeldi, mouthbrooding betta and angels. 8)

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
Well, I've got my cories to spawn for me<G> although I've no fry from the deal because the other fish in the tank ate all the eggs, at least I know I know how to do it if I wanted.

But I would really like to breed Pajama cardnials. They're a saltwater mouthbrooder that is currently one of the few that actually will breed in the aquarium. I've only got one customer who has been successful, and he's a 55 gallon reef. He hasn't had any of the young survive though, as soon as they reach the stage where they leave the parent's mouth, the parents start to eat them up. He doesn't know what he did to get them to spawn. One day they were fine, the next day they had eggs in their mouths. Harbor Branch that owns the saltwater breeding company Ocean, Reefs, & Aquarium apparently get pajama cardnials and all different speices of clowns to breed in captivity enough to mass produce them.

I would also like to breed African cichlids and have a tank large enough to have a self sustaining population. The NY Aquarium on Coney Island has a tank like that. The curator told me that they had soo much breeding going on they had to actually throw in a few pike cichlids to keep the population down. Now that's cool.
~~Colesea