Re: Which Fish Would You Most Like To Breed

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
I think it would be neat to breed a blood parrot cichlid. Since it's only been done twice it would be really cool. I would also like to breed discus too but not enough money :( Maybe some day.

Ryan ;D

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I want to breed guppies. I'm not having any luck with this though, they just won't breed. (sarcasm ::))

I want to breed my Australian Salmon Cats before they grow out of my tank. They're only 6" long at the moment, and I'm not quite sure if they're male and female yet. They do apear to "flirt" though, so i'm hoping they start to spawn soon :)

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Like she said you do that. ;D

I have a new fish I really want to breed and that's cories! They are so adorable. I just got 5 of them and they are so cute. I want little ones now. ;D :)

D

discusaquarium

i want to breed discus again, that was great. especially when you see the babies as eggs then as wrigglers then as free swimming fish. i have a whole new respect for breeders who get to see that every day if they are lucky. hey maybe you all could take some of em if i breed again!

D

discusaquarium

the rule on discus is 10 gallons per fish, you should have at least two or three minimum. i'd reccomend a 55 gallon if you can get it. that will let you get 5 in easy and maybe six with no other tankmates.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
55 gallons sounds good to me. I would trust the one who calls himself "discusaquarium" to answer your questions about discus! ;D I want some too but like you said $! :)