rb pacu and rb piranha's

Feb 27, 2005
hi new to the forms
but i was trying to figure out if there was a way to tell the difference of the RB pacu and pirahna?
im in califorina and the piranhas r illeale but i realy wanted to get some "a fan of the agressive fish "
of does any one know where to get the RB pirhana around the bayarea califorina

JeLeAk

Large Fish
Jan 4, 2005
Alaska
red belly prianahas are pretty dull fish, unless your like really into fish, or piranaha's

they pretty much just chill all day except for the few min that they eat a feeder or some beef heart, then its back to being "dull"

jus FYI, but i think they are cool you will need a rather large tank for them and you will need a couple so they could school, maybe like 4 or 5, i dont know the minimum number you should have

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Eventually they would need something like a 150 to 200 gallon tank. They get to about 12" each. They are not the easiest or cheapest fish to keep properly. If you're really serious about them, I suggest you do a lot of research on them. :)

Feb 27, 2005
ya ive bin researching for about a month but im most likly start off with a few oscars then piranhas or an crossback arowana *thumbsups
and how much do piranhas ushaly price at? so far i got 30$ a piece but mabe that because im im califorina and there illeagle *SUPERSMIL

Last edited:

JeLeAk

Large Fish
Jan 4, 2005
Alaska
i got mine for i think $20 a peice when they were half dollar size, but the price is anywhere from $25-35 for red belly juvies and a lot more for the larger ones up here in Ak.

brit_s86

Large Fish
Mar 28, 2005
I paid $45.00 for a red belly larger than a pop can.my other one is about three inches.i paid 20.i can also get loonie sized ones for 10.00

I used to want a piranah. And I like you also live in Cali. But From what I can tell from a lot of people, they're not too different from RB Pacus. I have 2 pacus and they do exactly the same things that people say their piranahs do. They're pretty scary lookin, got big old teeth, and they eat feeders along with my oscars & cichlids. I read above that piranahs are boring aside from the feedings... They tear up even the huge feeders, ones almost their size. I've never had a piranah though so I dunno. I'm sure they're less aggressive, just maybe not that much.

Last edited: