R.I.P. Jerry

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
R.I.P., little fella.

So much for carrying on Jericho's legacy...It was my fault too. :eek:
Right around the time I set up Juno's new tank, I removed the seeded filter insert from Jerry's and swapped it with the new unestablished one which came with hers. It did a great job of cycling Juno's tank, but it didn't leave much of a bacterial colony in Jerry's (which didn't have much gravel in it).

Anyway, it probably didn't lead to a full-blown cycling of the tank, but I'm sure it created a mini-cycle. That, combined with my lax water-changes, led Jerry to develop some shell-rot---as can be seen by the darker specks on his claw and carapace if you look closely at the pic I just posted. He recently lost a claw while moulting, and in the day or so following he just didn't seem quite right; hiding excessively and overall quite lethargic. Last night before bed I found him out in the open, laying on his back...no signs of life. I then took him out and confirmed that he had passed...

This leaves me with one more shot at carrying on Jericho's legacy, because I still have one male juvie left from Jericho & Jerrica's batch. I had been holding onto him and a female with the intent of sending them to VirgoWolf, but she's had her hands full and hasn't been around as of late, so I'm sure she won't mind waiting for a subsequent batch in the future; what with the circumstances and all...right, Krystal? ;)

I'll start a thread right away about J.B. (short for 'Jericho's Boy'/'Jerry's brother'), and I'll post the link to it right here as soon as it's ready...http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/other-aquatic-creatures/48197-cray-update.html

BV

Last edited: