Pirahna?

Jul 16, 2003
WI
Visit site
And then, there are people like me (and GG, though he won't admit it :D ) who are collectors.

I will gladly sell one of my piranhas if something better comes along. It doesn't mean I'm a bad fish keeper. My fish are all well taken care of. If something rarer or unique comes along, I move one out to make room for the new.
I find this tougher to do with cichlids because they are so personable. They are like dogs with fins and you kind of get to know them and vice versa.
Piranhas on the other hand are, for the most part, pure motorized instinct. Not much recognition there when they see you. In fact, they are more likely to dart the opposite way. Still, I love collecting piranhas and will probably keep moving them in and out except for my 14 inch rhom wich I will never part with.

offish

Small Fish
Jan 3, 2004
surrey, england
Visit site
Now we have that sorted, how about we throw a spanner in the works?

Why go for rbp's? there's alot more out there to choose from many of which don't grow as big as the RB, so your 55g tank would (maybe) suffice! what about S.hollandi, shouldn't exceed 6".

As for Blair.......he's not on you're tv's every ****** night!

Jul 16, 2003
www.piranha-fury.com
S. Hollandi is not a valid species name.
If you want a single fish, there are many that would be great but I would not recomend trying to shaol any Serrasalmus Piranhas (spilo or geryi) in anything smaller than a 75 for starters...they are just too aggressive with eachother. An S. Elongatus would be a nice fish for a 55.

TIGER9

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
indiana
i would go with just 3, though my 55g. has 4 currently and they are just fine. though they arent full grown yet. ive had great luck with 3 (9-10in.)reds in a 55g. i just figured this time around id try 4.