Oto fry!

I came home today from a college presentation and I found two oto fry stuck to the glass!!! I also discovered three more on various plants and the castle. They're about 3mm long and look like cories but with a longer slimmer body. I can't take picture cuz they are waaay too tiny. And I think the danios just ate the original two. :( But hopefully some will survive! I don't want to take them out and I can't now anyway...anybody bred them before? I'm so excited!!! *BOUNCINGS

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
COngrats....

I doubt they will survive the danios.

Mine was all about eating or ripping apart my swordtail fry.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
If you think Oto adults are sensitive, fry are even more so. If there are other fish in this tank then no I doubt the fry will make it. Moving them may kill them, but if you do move them make sure to fill the small grow out tank with nothing but water from the original tank.

Thanks. :) And yeah, my fish must love their new home cuz they are spawning everywhere!

This morning I still found two; one out in the open and one inside the castle.

After band this morning, I can't find any...:( I don't have any other tanks set up atm cuz I tore them all down...but I can always put them in that cory bowl...?

Eh, I can't find any right now anyway...stupid danios! They're the only ones that would eat them...right? :(

I rescued a little guy yesterday night. I couldn't help it! He was swimming around the surface of the water and would have been eaten!! :( So I put him in the mini habitat and filled it 1/3 full of tank water. This morning he was still alive! So I filled it 2/3 full with more tank water. I also put some first bites in there in case he eats that...:)
I'll refer to him as Squirt from now on. :D Hopefully he survives...any suggestions on what I should do with/feed him? Thanks!

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
Haha, no, you need a 55g!!! :D
Lol, maybe after I'm done with college in 4 years *fingers crossed*
Haha, I think my younger sister who just graduated from HS may be finished with college before I do.

I've got about 74 gallons worth of fishtanks, if that counts for anything :D

(btw, the cories are spawning again :))
Geez, the only thing I could get to spawn for me were the guppies I used to have, and the cherry shrimp which breed like roaches.

My pygmy cories once bred, but someone (the betta) ate the eggs... and those pygmy cories are now long-gone (may they RIP).

I found another one in the 55g this morning so I sucked him up with the python...:D
He's kinda stunned so he sucked himself onto the walls of the mini habitat. So I got some pics!!! He's a lot darker than the first one (which is still alive!) I'm afraid the first bites aren't what they are craving for right now...what should I feed them??

Slightly sideways:

Bottom:

Rayneuki

Large Fish
May 29, 2008
Memphis, TN
I was thinking the algea wafer crunched up because everyone in all my tanks love algea wafers... The angel fish attack the wafer while zim attatches himself to it. And they ARE ottos :)
You're one lucky duckie.