Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
This is a Mr. Aqua 7.5 gallon bowfront rimless tank

Lighting - DIY LED - 4 Cree XP-G Cool white/350 ma driver with 40 degree optics
Heater - whatever works at the moment
Filter - Internal Duetto

Pardon the quality, taken with a cell phone. I'll break out my real camera after I swap out the substrate.

This is more of my 'baby' than any other's I've tried to do. Ive had lots of fun trying new things and ways in this tank. I'm going to be ordering probably some Fluval Shrimp Stratum or whatever it's called this week to replace the Onyx Sand in there right now. I think the glosso, DHG and Micro Sword will do much better.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Thanks all!

Thyra thanks for noticing! I did a bit of work to make it the focus point, and hope to keep it that way even when everything eventually grows out. I managed to make that franken-wood yesterday out of three pieces (one large and two small)

That's great Orion!! I would totally steal it and stick some Angels, Cories, and Tetras in there!!
Lol, tanks a bit small for those. No, right now this is an invert only tank. I've got at least 30 total Fire Red Shrimp, mostly juvies and 2 Tracked Nerite snails. I've been thinking of moving my Dario dario back into the tank, but I'm still on the fence. The shrimp hardly ever want to come out with those guys in the same tank, and I'm fond of watching my shrimp.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
Ok, I remember that build you did, I made one a couple weeks ago when I put four 660nm red LED's on my algae scrubber for my 10G nano. I also bought five 12,000K LED's for the display, They look really nice. I used the white colored gutter for the roof as a housing for the LED's and driver.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
I got a large bag of Fluval Shrimp Stratum that I wanted to try and swapped the substrates out yesterday. 5 hours later I just gave up and got tired of replanting all the glosso lol. So what's in there is close enough. I'll do some updated pics when everything clears up a bit.

I also turned off my timer by accident and left the lights on all night...opps. So I'm going full backout all day today in the hopes to avoid any kind of algae issues. I've had such good luck with both my tanks I would hate to have an algae outbreak due to something so stupid.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
ouch light cycle will e funny now unless you go for a full day and night blackout? might loose something to that

love the driftwood peice...i walked for two hours in the woods with my toddler and found not ONE single nice looking peice. blah.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Well with the intensity of the lights, I didn't want to take a chance of algae. Everything looks fine today, and I did run them a few hours late last night.

Finding the right driftwood can be a pain. I looked for weeks at stores to find the right one.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
do you have a clean up crew? was thingking mts for my shrimp tank in case algae gets outta control

and ya...i hate to pay for a peice of wood, but may end up doing that

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
This is an invert only tank, so the are my cleanup crew lol. I've got a bunch a juvie cherries and a few adults, plus 2 tracked nerite snails. MTS snails don't eat algae that I'm aware of, but the nerites will.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Thanks Lotus! Yeah, I have 7 Rasbora maculata (maculatas) in my other nano. Had 8 but one went weird and died, it just lost every bit of color, went ghost white then was gone. They aren't exactly a long lived species, so my money is on old age.

I have some Scarlet badis that might end up in this tank. The thing I like most about the rasbora's is that the shrimp don't change their behavior, but when I had some in with the badis they were almost hiding all the time. Also, I agree, they don't seem to be harming the young population any thats for sure lol.

The tank with the badis right now I'm going to try a moss tree and see how that works out. So I may move shrimp into that tank and the badis into this one.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Our LFS gets the reddish-orange ones in (maybe maculata) fairly regularly. The owner has a thing for them, so they usually have them. I believe they import them directly -- not many of the wholesalers buy them, I assume. So, they're not common at most LFS.