New saltwater member, and first-forum user :)

Sean

New Fish
Jul 17, 2011
I've been looking around this site all morning and I have to say, I really love the community here.
I'm only a year into saltwater experience, but I feel that I'm learning and progressing really quickly. I have a lot of wisdom around me at the pet store I now work in.

I suppose now would bea good time to discuss my tanks. I have three, but all were started fresh on the 1st of july when I had to move.

First, my 55, the future reef tank
55& stand
Aquaclear 110 filter
Fluval 305 canister filter
2x koralia 1050 powerheads
Eshopps (probably not hours you spell that) 100gal protein skimmer
SeaClone 65gal protein skimmer
400w heater
2-inch base of crushed coral mixed with live sand
~45lbs of live rock
2x GLO double 48 inch t5 fixtures running two marineglo lights, powerglo, lifeglo
Yellow chromy
Canary wrasse
Yellow tang
Bi-color angel
Blue mushrooms
"frilly mushrooms"
Candy button coral
A large soft coral that I have yet been able to properly I.d.

I know I shouldnt have all that bio load in a two week old tank, and I do expect to lose a few fish, but all the animals were dumped on me by an uncle whose tank was crashing.

The second tank I own is a 56 (tall). It's less impressive but I plan on using it for predatory fish after it's done cycling.

56&stand
GLO 36" dual t5 fixture running marine and power glo
Aquaclear 70 filter
300w heater
2 inch bed of live sand
~10 lbs of live rock
Koralia 1050

And finally a 12 inch oceanic biocube. I don't have a set plan for this one yet, probably seahorses or a nano reef

Biocube
Built-in filter with carbon, biomax, filter pads, and a small bit of macro algae
50w heater
Built in t5 unit only running the lunar bulb until the 10,000k comes in %been on order for weeks.

So I guess that's it for now. I look forward to having this community behind my back, and I hope to be able to offer my own advice from time to time. I look forward to growing as an aquarist with you all :)