My puffer Journal

RoxnSox

Large Fish
Jan 13, 2008
ft. campbell, KY
I have FINALLY begun! I know youve all been waiting. Slowly but surely i have started. Here are pictures

Before cleaning(after sitting empty for months)

After cleaning

The instant ocean is missing from this picture but this is everything i have gotten so far to start including the instant ocean

Sand put in(50lbs is HEAVY to lift!)

Thought yall might enjoy this

Last but not least water plus instant ocean, filter set up and heater

i need to get decorations, bubble wands and a new bulb for my hood so that is next. When i get all that set up ill have more pictures.

noob23

Large Fish
Dec 17, 2007
SoCal
Don't be nervous, this hobby is all about the fun! How are you planning do decorate? I don't really know what a brackish tank is supposed to look like, so what do you have in mind?

RoxnSox

Large Fish
Jan 13, 2008
ft. campbell, KY
Don't be nervous, this hobby is all about the fun! How are you planning do decorate? I don't really know what a brackish tank is supposed to look like, so what do you have in mind?
well i need to give them places to hide thats for sure so some fake plants a cave or two...i really love those decorations that have bubbles coming out of it. and a bubble wand cause puffers love to play in bubbles. Im getting so excited. I woke up this morning and the cloudiness is almost completely gone.

RoxnSox

Large Fish
Jan 13, 2008
ft. campbell, KY
after a 25% water change i have it now set to the recommended salinty that i got from research. It was pointed out to me that i should call my LFS to see what they have their salinity set to on their brakish tank though. Thank godness i bought a decent sized box of instant ocean i have a feeling for the next couple days im gonna be playing with the salinity alot.