• outstanding

Votes: 25 34.7%

• Total voters

notavip

Small Fish
Apr 11, 2003
Lubbock TX
Visit site
heres a pic of my 30 gallon. i've had it for about 7 months now.

Filter:Emperor 280
Lights: power quad compact = 96watts
Substrate: Washed river gravel
Decorations: 3 small rocks and small driftwood
Fertilizer- DIY injection ( i do plan on buying a powered reactor soon) and I add Leaf Zone once a week
1/3 water change once a week.
pH 7.6 (i know its high but im hoping the reactor will help lower it)
amm - 0
nit - 0

Plants - cabomba carolinia, jungle val, red ludwigia, wisteria, water sprite, red tiger lotus, and aponogeton ulvaceous. i also have some java moss and riccia ordered from my LFS but i'm still waiting on it.

Fish & critters - 9 neon tetras, 3 gold barbs, 2 cherry barbs, 2 cobra guppies, 1 boesemani rainbow, 1 longgin leopard danio, 1 red fire platie, 4 otocincluis, 2 german blue rams, 1 blue male betta, 1 red tailed shark, 1 peppered cory catfish, 8 ghost shrimp, and one red crystal shrimp.

Attachments

Last edited:

notavip

Small Fish
Apr 11, 2003
Lubbock TX
Visit site
thanks for the compliments! the deep red plant on the right is the lotus and the pinkish wavy leaved plant is the ulvaceus. i think it's pink because of the strong lights but i'm not sure. by the way, i went to school at oklahoma city univ and lived in edmond for 2 yrs. thanks again.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Never saw a hex tank look as good as this one does. Well Done. Awesome tank, love the arrangements.

Interesting about your ulvaceus tho, Ive have two in a 10 with 60w, and they were as green as anything, and outgrowing the tank.

treewhale

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
That's a helluva nice tank you have there, it's giving me the bug to go out and get set up again. Unfortunately, I can't, on account of the not knowing where I'm living for the next several months. Grr. :(

notavip

Small Fish
Apr 11, 2003
Lubbock TX
Visit site
i havn't ever seen the fish eat the vals or any of my other plants for that matter. they may go to town on them when the lights are off though for all i know. the plant on the far right size is water sprite or ceratopterus thalictroides. its actually a floater but it'll set roots if you plant it. i have some wisteria planted next to it and both look quite simular. i'm thinking about rearranging things to help distinguish them better.