My ~30 gallon Gold-fish tank

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
I've seen on youtube that goldfish can play soccer, go through hoops... all sorts of tricks, actually. Not that it would be good for the fish :p
Wow... crazy goldfish you have there newman... lol
Once I had a dojo loach that kept getting stuck in a castle. LOL

anshuman

Large Fish
Nov 16, 2009
Mumbai India
now that i cleaned tank. I notice the fish have absolutely no fear at all. on first week, if i opened the tank lid at top they used to rush from one corner to other and hide, now they simply get excited thinking its more feeding time.

yesterday. while i was tossing the gravel around to get it cleaned ( by siphoning 50% of water after tossing ). i noticed this goldies are nibbling my hand while moving around. its amazing to see them soo careless when i put my hand in tank to arrange stuff etc. popeye almost challenges my hand by going in a corner then he wiggles one of his pectoral fins vigorously then dashes towards my hand & just when he is about to crash, turns around and whips his tail brushing my hand goes towards a corner... then tries to do same after sometime (maybe he wants to eat something i guess...or i maybe he is challenging my hand ).

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
LOL it's awesome when fish are friendly- my platies, no matter what, whenever you go up to the tank they come rushing up to the top corner. You can practically hear them yelling, "FOOD, FOOD! FOOD!? FOOD??"
So funny :) I love any petl's quirky habit!

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
LOL it's awesome when fish are friendly- my platies, no matter what, whenever you go up to the tank they come rushing up to the top corner. You can practically hear them yelling, "FOOD, FOOD! FOOD!? FOOD??"
So funny :) I love any petl's quirky habit!
When you said that, Val, I was thinking of the seagulls on "Finding Nemo"..."Mine? Mine? Mine?" lol! That's my female bettas when I bring out the brine shrimp. :p

anshuman

Large Fish
Nov 16, 2009
Mumbai India
I have totally redone my tank from what i posted on 1st post. I will soon post a new vid and img.

Added a HUGE ASS filter (it is for 50G to 100G tanks or even small ponds) added Huge bunch of water wisteria and moved plants around. Also someone has given (forced given) me Orange/White Goldie, i think its male but maybe female, just 4 month old , is giving the big goldies nice company, he sleeps with big goldies and eats with them , v energetic.

All tests of water are good, water is pristine clear (The water looks totally clear even when the fish-tank-wall is covered with thin layer of algae, which i don't wipe off quickly but once in a week now). I am proud of it.

anshuman

Large Fish
Nov 16, 2009
Mumbai India
Almost 2 months now since i set up this tank. Its been v v hard work , but looks like it will pay off.

YouTube - Planted Goldfish tank 30G community (in progress) .

I have finally changed the background, need to tidy it up a bit. but I like the black look of it. Really pops the greenery in the tank now. :)

I want to add more plants to this, not plants actually, just some moss and hair-thin grass at bottom to even out the layout.

anshuman

Large Fish
Nov 16, 2009
Mumbai India
<object height="364" width="445">humm , now the embed is working? interesting.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-XE7csQUnw&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="364" width="445"></object>

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
yes its working smoothly. Great tank!
so what do you mean by community? u got 3 goldfish in there which means you're around 200% overstocked lol?

You're really planning on adding more fish :0

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
-_-

lol is the tank heated? neons will not take lower temps as goldfish.
that should bring you up to around 300% overstocked then :p
I believe that the goldfish will also eat the neons at night 0_0

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
just make sure it doesn't fluctuate more than 10 degrees F either way. and never allow it to drop below 70F...
And like i said, the goldfish will snack on the neons :[

waterguy1

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2009
Man, this thread was really cool. I love the tank. And dude, u must really have been born with a talent for goldfish or something. i cant believe u kept the same 2 fish thru all that. Long live ur fantails.

anshuman

Large Fish
Nov 16, 2009
Mumbai India
Thanks WaterGuy1,

That was really some experience. It was like going through disaster, describing what's happening here and getting reports from internet that the result looks bad and i am watching death of a tank and i was like extremely gutted to see them literally die (they literally sat on gravel not moving for hours and then gasping for air up).

The goldies are doing good, infact too good in their new tank, they constantly spawn and fly around the tank, I am struggling with cloudy water but still the goldie pair spawn lots of eggs just yesterday. tells you they are really happy.

Again, Epic thread and I can't thank enough to everyone in this thread who kept giving me advice to salvage the situation when it was headed to total disaster.