look at this pacu!!

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
No. Not at all. Just as the members on that board said, these and several other species should not be kept in a home aquarium. They just get to freaking huge!

But with a large enough *read: enough space to house a small fleet of VW's* anything is possible.

None the less; thousands of these fish will be sold to unsuspecting, illinformed people in the coming year. Unfortunate, but true.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
"Those who can induce you to believe absurdities can induce you to commit atrocities -- Voltaire"

OMG mana I love this quote :) lol I might have to steal it sometime ;)

I look at that picture and laugh...I was in my petsmart last week and there was a tank of pacu's...about 2.5 inches each...they're so cute...lol I can't believe they actually sell them as a tank fish, I wonder how many of them die before the person realizes that its going to outgrow their tank?

Almost correct.

That's actually a black pacu, not the red belly pacu more commonly seen in the hobby. The blacks are about a foot longer than the reds, and I assume more difficult to keep.

Pacu are rewarding if you can invest in keeping them alive. I have three in a 260 gallon tank, and they are happy and healthy. If you don't have thousands to blow on enormous tanks, stay away from the pacu.
-MrBoB