Livebearer Breeding tank

bandito41

Large Fish
Dec 6, 2005
Coolville, Ohio
I have a ten gallon tank that I want to turn into a livebearer breeding tank. Are there any special things I should do to increase the chances of the fish breeding. All of the males have died when they were in my big tank now I have a pregnant female guppy, a female molly, a female platy, and 2 small kuhli loaches(not planning on breeding these) in my ten gallon. I have some artificial "breeding grass" in the tank. I hope to become successful with breeding livebearers and then move on to fish that lay eggs.

bandito41

Large Fish
Dec 6, 2005
Coolville, Ohio
I just stocked the tank with males of each fish and an additional female guppy. I also removed the loaches. I added some more breeding grass. I also found a tiny baby snail in the tank. I will keep him untill he gets too big. It turns out the guppy I bought was pregnant already so I am now expecting three batches of fry from my tank. :D

bandito41

Large Fish
Dec 6, 2005
Coolville, Ohio
YAY! :D I got fry! My guppies had some during the night.:D Currently I have saved 4 of them. I am sure that there are more in there.I will keep checking the tank for the fry. I hope that one of my guppies is not done releasing the fry. I cannot wait to find more!

Jayrod7

Large Fish
Dec 1, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
hardboil and egg and cut a little piece of it off. Then take part of the yolk and mix it with some water and shake it really hard for a couple minutes (until egg disolves) then strain the mixture through a strainer and put in a small container. use a dropper to feed your fry. thats what i do. it has lots of protein =)