kenny's 55gal

Apr 14, 2008
OOoooo...I'm so stealing that moor! xD

This is my kuhli, BTW...picture was taken about a year ago[some time in December]... :D

They are such adorable little things!

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Aw!! It's so cute. All mine are shoved under my big terra cotta pot. I turned a bottom piece over and they squeezed under that too. They're so fun to watch!!

With paypal, do you have to have a credit card or a bank account?? It says that I need one but I don't have either. :/

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
I got the post recovered!! Here it is. (it was originally supposed to be a thread, but I decided against it. I might just do it though. xP )

Hey guys; long story here. Short end: I got 3 black kuhli loaches and a black moor from petsmart. Long end: *sigh* where do I begin??

I went to petsmart with my mom (I'm still sick so that sucks) and I picked out the fish that I wanted. No problem, right?? Well, when I got home, I stuck my fish (still in closed bags) in my tanks and went with my dog outside (for obvious reasons; even though I was only gone for 2 hours he left a nice present for me on the floor *sigh* Merry Christmas to me). Well somehow, I ended up locking myself out. My dad is obsessed with not letting me have a pair of house keys, so I went over to my neighbors house to get the extra pair. "He took them back last week," says my neighbor. Damn. My neighbor had gotten a new dog, so I stayed with my dog and played for a bit. Then I called my dad. "I have a lodge meeting tonight, I won't be home until 9 pm and jeanie (my evil step mother xP ) is out of town this week." FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-!!!!!!!!! It's 5 pm now, and I got my fish at 2 pm. I'm pissed, my fish are most certainly gonna die. I tried picking at the door, and even busting it down. As I was about to ram the door hard, my best friend walked by. "Your dad's gonna be pissed if you break the door," she said. "I don't care!!" I scream back. "What's gotten into you!?!?" "I HAVE FISH IN BAGS!!!!!!" "OMG LET ME HELP!!!" Thankfully, she's a big fan of my fish. Ultimately, we couldn't get the door down. Finally my dad comes home at 9:30 pm and I drag myself upstairs, knowing what to expect. My dad thought that a murderer was in my room with the way that I screamed. My fish were ALIVE!!! So, it's 10:30 pm now and I got my fish acclimated. Here's a few photos for ya guys!!

2011-12-26 17.54.05.jpg
2011-12-26 18.36.23.jpg
2011-12-26 21.45.30.jpg
2011-12-26 21.45.53.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2008
hehe, I <3 them! Glad they ARE ok. :D

In other news, I rescaped the plants in the 55gal today[1 of the many aquarium things I had to do, but probably the only thing done]...I think it "flows" better now...

It's kinda killing me that they aren't growing faster! lol However, it's for the best cuz I don't wanna trim anyways... :p I'm thinking of adding some more sword plants for variety. Ruffled, ruby red melon, & rose, probably but it ultimately depends on what I can find.

I'm also thinking that my 29gal will be set up for the betta girls[+ several[atleast 6], others] and maybe a DG/queen arabesque pleco for diversity so they'll get pulled from this tank. It'll have black sand, bamboo stalks[IOW dead wood], & 2 dragons + of course a literal jungle of plants[aponogetons, moss, lilies, onions, etc.].

And just for the fact that I like being random:

FM RCS from shrimp10

baby cory!

Arc, my red copper dragon HMPK

Azazel, my gold dragon HM

Last edited:

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Nice plan, I could never accomplish that. *cough*procrastinator*cough*

Omg I love your fish!! I saw a male betta like Arc at petsmart for $10 imma go back tomorrow and get him!! That's what will go in my 2.5!!! XD

I can't get myth kuhlis to eat. I've tried bloodworms and bbs and even that stuff overnight. I don't think they're eating. What does your kuhli like??

Apr 14, 2008
hehe, I'm not sure when these plans will happen but probably after I have a new job so I can afford it as bad as it sounds, I'm not really looking forward to getting this job because what I'm actually going for is high tension power line repair. That's o_O cuz if a fuse blows near you, you can loose your hearing for a while[remember, you're dealing with kilovolts which are 1,000V], you get electrocuted if you are grounded, it's physically demanding, you're up 120' in the air on powerlines inspecting them, cleaning insulators[which if the water is contaminated, you get fried], etc.[sometimes it's much less but] -- the list goes on.

BUT on that hand, I do love powerlines so in a way, I'm looking forward to it... :p

Anyways, I love Arc's coloration so I definitely recommend the red copper dragons! :p The only thing is he specifically gets moods. It's kinda cute, but 1 minute he's extremely playful and then the next he's pissed over nothing. :S He completely hates Vengeance[who is in QT[it's a precaution to Ghost, anyways -- he's not sick] and in a 1gal next to him] but could probably live with Azazel. lol

My kuhli eats anything I drop in the tank. Just give them time to acclimate and get used to it and they'll start feeding eventually. :)

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Ok thanks. Yeah, I'm gonna get a betta like him. Make sure to stay safe with the new job. I'm gonna be mad if petsmart doesn't have him though. I'm 82% sure that he was a copper dragon. If they don't have him, then I'm gonna see if my lfs can order me one. :D I'm so stoked!! I might get a female cambodian too. I have room and dividers. :p

Now that I look, one kuhli is swimming around. I took a video, and although it's dark you can still see him. Oh!! Now I see 2 of them eating a bloodworm. Yay!! :D

[video=youtube;BilOHUjbTF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BilOHUjbTF8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
I know!! They're adorable and I wouldn't be surprised if I went on a splurge and bought more of them. I can't resist them. This morning when I turned on the lights, my lightest colored kuhli (brownsih) was swimming around on the bottom. I think that they are so graceful and they swim with such agility and persicion. I just adore these kuhlis!! XD

Apr 14, 2008
:p TBH, I wouldn't do more then 5 in a 10gal. 3 is technically better but it's of course up to you how many you actually end up having.

Down the line when I can FINALLY get a 46gal bowfront[it's been a forever want] with goldfish, I want a dojo loach or 2...I used to have 1 in the 55 when it was goldfish[when it was first set up] and he was the most friendly, fun fish I've had. He'd swim and sit in between my fingers when I'd do WCs. Actually, if I can find 1 or 2, I DO have the 20gL and 55 until I get the 46. *thinks and laughs evilly*

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
lol!! Yeah, I was thinking about putting more in a different tank or getting a bigger tank and adding to the group. I'm pissed though cuz Petsmart sold my Betta!!! :'( All the one's I saw were bland, so I'm not getting another one. :mad:

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Lol!! Yeah, I was mad. Instead of a Betta I got 6 Guppies, 4F:2M. I only had to pay for the males since I brought in some of my platy fry. :p Now all they have are the traditional blue veiltail bettas. I don't like them. I like dragons, halfmoons, plakats, and well......ANYTHING BUT VEILTAILS!!!! XD I see them all the time.... xP

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Well at least yours have flare and color. The ones I saw were: blue, blue, blue, turquoise, pale, sickly, dead, blue, etc. But you, kenny, your the betta man!! I've never seen anyone own so many bettas.

Apr 14, 2008
xD Technically I only have 16. There are some people[well, breeders mostly, I'm a rescuer] who have wayyyyyy more.

I would, actually but I'm kinda running low on space as it is and I'm gonna be setting up the 1gal bowl for some type of dwarf shrimp, a 46bow, & a 75. :p I need to wait until I get my own house before I get more tanks then those.

Oh and I'm moving them ~2,000 miles to live with a friend[probably] in WA at some point[or *MAYBE* to LA which is still across the country]...so...I won't want what I have when I move! lol

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Lol, well if you live near the lakes (or in that general directory), send my plants before you move. Pleash!! xD

I'll take any unwanted plants. :D I'll torture the duckweed for us. *lack of light* why did you ruin my friends's tank?? WHY!?!? Lolz xD xP

Omg lolz!! 666 posts!! Ma favorite number!! xD xP I'm hyper and it's midnight.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2008
lol! I live in FL right now so yeah...

The best thing for lack of light in a 10gal is if you have a normal incandescent lid, just go to WalMart and pick up 2 15W 6500k spiral CF bulbs and bam! :p

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Kiara, you complain about "blue, blue, blue" bettas yet as you found out they change color when you get them in the proper environment. I bought an ordinary blue one and he very soon became a very vibrant iridescent blue with the longest most graceful finnage. I had him in my tank with some other fish in the dining room. My husband never really noticed any of the other fish - he sort of took them for granted and didn't know one from the other. Then one night he was eating dinner and he saw the blue betta and that really caught his eye! He said it was the prettiest fish he ever saw.