Just saying HI.

Hello, I just wanted to introduce my self as a new user of the forum, I frequent other forums, but found this one today and found good information and decided to join. I usually don’t post but always wanted to contribute so decided to start. I would post pictures of my set ups after I get them from my camera to comp and formatted to fit this site. I am from Oregon and lived here for over 20 years, but originally from Ukraine.
I been around fish and aquariums since a little kid, but my own adventures didn’t start till about 1996 when I was 18. Took over my dads 29 gallon for a couple of years before starting to get my own tanks. Long story short, now I have 6 aquariums with 4 of them up and running and 2 in progress, here’s the listing:
20 gallon standard: housing a medium size Oscar and 4 catfish(temporary)
25 gallon hex: housing 2 Frontosa and 3 N. Pulcher with 6 fry(temporary)
125 gallon 6 foot: high tech live plant with bunch of fish and discus
135 gallon 6 foot: Tanganyika community with DYI background
240 gallon 8 foot: Still in project stage *crazysmil
400 gallon 8 foot: Still in project stage *crazysmil

Not quite sure what fish I am going to keep in the project tanks but I figured they are big enough for anything, and allot of it. Hoping to be able to contribute to this site at least a little portion of what I have learned from here and other places like this. At the same time I am working on my own blog type website where I write up info on my current set ups and projects, with pictures and video, feel free to visit by clicking HERE.

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
Welcome! I checked out your website - wow, you have lots of great info and pics! You'll have lots of advice to contribute to this forum - I know I certainly need it ;)
My one comment might be to have a few pics load immediately, so that the screen full of dense copy isn't quite so overwhelming. And it seemed to take me several clickthroughs to get to any pics. Just feedback from a very average online user and less experienced aqaurist (plus my job is in print/online publishing).
Cheers,
Laura