Is my Guppy Pregnant? See Pics.

thenewguy

Small Fish
Nov 15, 2005
Texas
I'm pretty positive she is pregnant but can any one tell me about how far along she is from my pics.

I just bought her from the LFS and she looks really big for a guppy compared to the other females in my tank. I have 1 male guppy and three females. Is this good or can i get some advice on breeding guppies. I have this female in a breeder trap just in case she has babies maybe they will survive. I have also noticed that my females don't have much color at all, but i have just started breeding guppies.They are all the color of this guppy. Please look at my pics and tell me if she looks ok.

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2005
I agree she's pregnant and due soon. I have a few pale females like yours. Mine were born that way. Yours could be stressed as suggested or that could just be her colour. In any case congratulations

Nov 27, 2005
I read somewhere that the females do not hint in any way through color the genes they are carrying. So this is not unusual. I, too have females that look like this. I'm glad you posted these pics because everyone is saying she is pregnant and that means good news for me.

Do you have an update on whether or not she delivered?