If I had a 500 Gallon freshwater tank I would have in it.....

rgdwar1

Large Fish
May 29, 2004
Rhode Island
Visit site
This is based on a suggestion from another boardmember in a previous post (Really long drawn out one.)

If you had a 500 Gallon tank, what would your ultimate fantasy be with it? What fish? Substrate, toys, bells and whistles??

FiSh15

Small Fish
Mar 28, 2004
guam
Visit site
at my lfs's 500g there's a huge red tail catfish, clown knife, giant gourami, black pacu, and some really big kois. all these fish are huge.

if i had one i'd get a tiger shovelnose catfish, alligator gar, large peacock bass, a pacu, and an arapaima. (maybe a snakehead if possible, hehe) i would also throw in a million feeders and probably the spoiled brats that live down the street.

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
hehehe. eco said mine(great minds think alike:D:p)...except id fill my tank completely and have humongous stumps of driftwood...so id probably never get to see my clowns hehe. id also try breeding them, as hard as that may be, if i had a tank that big.

and i could fill my other tank with various schools of other loaches.:D

ashleigh

Superstar Fish
Jan 8, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
a single dwarf puffer- it would be like "where's Waldo" but with a small fish.

Wait I can do better- I mentioned on the other thread I must eventually have a fire eel and some sort of giant catfish- barring that maybe I would have a royal pleco and several big schools of tiny fish- like harlequins and those pretty gold tetras, congo tetras and brigettte rasboras- the hardest thing would be choosing.

phantomfe3

Large Fish
Dec 20, 2003
Bemidji, MN
Visit site
Originally posted by Phantom_Tetra
I would make a spawing tank for Smallmouth Bass and Large Mouth Bass!!

phantomfe3 i like the walleye Idea!!
ya theres a tank at one of the resteraunts here in town ,its about 8 foot long and about 5 foot wide and about 5 foot tall with a bunch of walleyes and northerns and bass, at one time it had a gar as well, huge fish tank, i havent been there in a while though, couple years

fishguy07

Large Fish
Jun 30, 2004
Bangor MI
Visit site
CORIES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! TONS OF CORIES!!!
No, really though, ild want a cichlid tank with either several large cichlids like oscars, jacks, and redevils, or lots of smaller cichlids like firemouths convicts, stuff like that, the bottom would be littered with alot of rocks and caves for them to hide and itd be so big each pair could esablish it's own terriorty*celebrate *laughingc

Last edited: