If I had a 500 Gallon freshwater tank I would have in it.....

Somonas

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
O-town
www.myfishtank.net
if I had a 500 gallon tank I would probably import a colony really rare malawi cichlid and just let them go for a year. I mean only add 10 or so fish. I would like to really replicate the natural environment by not overcrowding.

but I'd probably get sick of looking at the same fish or being overrun by fry so I'd most likely make it a 500 gal reef tank and pay someone to look after it.

TIGER9

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
indiana
id go with sand substrate n a good amount of driftwood, some hanging into the tank from the top n some coming up thru the sand. a wicked inline filter setup n a huge fluidized bed filter system. as for the fish, thats easy 14 caribe piranha and 1 large piraya piranha. oh yea, i could dispose of bodies in that tank for sure.

TIGER9

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
indiana
2nd option for a 500g. would be a black arowana, featherfin knifefish, some sort of bichir, and a couple other preds. not quite for sure.

3rd option for a 500g. would be a group of pumpkin seed sunfish and few crappie. oh yeah, i know a guy that has a good sized black crappie with absolutely VIVID yellow eyes. it screams predator.:eek: