i have a odd quest about the gold..

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

litlpnoi

Couple of days ago, I had 5 fishes in my 10 gal.( haha yes I am a noob) then, the day after that. i had 4. Oh yeah I forgot to mention about the fish.. ahah sry. 4 goldfishes and 1 tetra.. anyways the day after that.. I had 4 fishes.. all of them were goldies. I was like wtf happened to the little blue guy!.:confused: .. "did they eat it?" i was looking all over the tank.. nothing. so i thought it must of disapeared... * POOF* ... haha so today, i was fixing the gravel to make it flat. and i saw a lil .. err half eaten body.. it was blue.. and.. yeah.. So,, if these guys are really hungry, will they eat other fishes?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
They will swallow it whole if it can fit in their mouths, but they shouldn't be aggressive otherwise. If you saw a half eaten body, it most likely died and then got nibbled afterwards.

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
If you don't improve their conditions, you'll have wasted money on fish. :(

Just saying....

If there was something left of the fish, it's unlikely the goldfish killed it. They are typically herbivores but opportunistic and most don't pursue 'prey', just swallow if the fish is dumb enough to give them the opportunity. If you have that many goldfish in a 10, however, the ammonia probably killed the tetra.

L

litlpnoi

w/e ill just give away my gold fishes.. and buy community fishes. i am having trouble getting this gold fish.. its hella fast! do u need a net.. because my cousin said its a waste of money.

L

litlpnoi

actually just flushed them...even tho i still have the lil fast ***********... w/e.. the only fishes i have in my 10g is a goldie/ this one fish that looks like a royal pleco.. but.. it isnt.. /and this one that looks like an albino small catfish.. (it scavenges..) if you guys want my tank specs and the aprox. cost.. here it is.

10g tank/tank cover w/ light bulbs.. 1 died when i had it for 2 days./a pair of flourecent lights(tinted purple.. dunno why its tinted..)/filter/buble thingy/gravel/live plants/medicine(conditioner/nitrate and nitrate remover/salt)/and i think thermometer... in total with fishes... i think $125+ soo yeah..

edit: i forgot i bought a heater. soo 130+ or something.. dude.. thats like a good video card right there :O oh well..having a pet is way better :D

Last edited by a moderator:
L

litlpnoi

well, what other choices should i have done? donate them? bring them back to the store.. if they do.. even if they do, i dunno the certain days you can return.. you tell me..

whats lfs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.