I can't get enough plants

May 4, 2011
Ohio
Was it sick looking when you bought out? If the tank is not cycled it is not getting any nitrates, you can fertilize it you know if you have some. I have never seen the lily bulbs, interested to see how they look.

May 4, 2011
Ohio
Well they are not root plants, they can be rooted but they absorb through their entire structure. You can cut off the top 6 in of an anacharis to make another and it will grow fine, or so I have heard. Sounds like you got some that were weak and did not get enough to survive, oh well at least they are cheap right? :)

Fishman1995

Superstar Fish
May 11, 2010
North Carolina
Trust me, i wont lol. Im actually goin to PM you, i got ALOT of questions that i think you'd be best here to ask.

I may get some more plants later, right now, i want to get my Aponogetons to bloom and get some baby's goin for my new tank il be getting at christmas.

achase

Large Fish
Feb 1, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
The only plants that I have been able to keep successfully (no melting) are Java Ferns and Anubis. My lighting is too low for most plants and the other lowlight plants I don't really like.
I haven't had to buy any plants for at least a year and half because my plants are "breeding" like crazy.
Free plants are always nice but it makes it hard to buy new types of plants later because I don't want to pay (I'm cheap). Lol!

I don't think you LED lights to grow plants......most standard aquarium bulbs will work. At least mine do....
Most of the time the secret to good plant growth is mostly (there are lots of things you can add extra) a combination of light (WPG), substrate, and CO2.
Someone correct me if I'm totally wrong!!