Hello!!

Codo

New Fish
Apr 19, 2011
Hello! I stumbled upon this site and it looks pretty interesting with a reliable source of people. I guess I might as well start by saying I'm new to this but I have a 90 gallon fish tank with no fish in it. I've already set it up but I guess any information that a newbie should know, please share!! So far the tank has been running for two days straight an everything is working perfectly. Just getting the water to the correct levels. I guess my main question is for all of you fish lovers....what should I put in this tank that will make people want to stare at it for hours!! Keep in mind I have had test tanks before.

Thanks!!

Oct 29, 2010
Welcome to MFT! I have links in my signature about the fishless aquarium cycle (first thing for newbies to learn) if you don't know about it already :)

You have so many options in a 90 gallon! For one thing, schools of tetras are beautiful and I know I can personally watch them move for hours. Neon tetras, harlequins, congo tetras, lemon tetras, tiger barbs, rummynose tetras, cardinal tetras, you have a billion options! One or two big schools tends to look more beautiful than a bunch of small ones.

Then you have your centerpiece fish: Rams, angelfish, apistos, clown loaches (kept in schools), or tons of other options!

And then there's more! You could have schools of corydoras, chain/zebra/kuhli loaches, freshwater shrimp (only if you have plants), snails, etc

Also, there is a whole wide world of aquatic plants which can help with water quality and add to the beauty of a tank :D

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy making a beautiful tank!