Hello from Preston UK. My Roma 240

Nov 23, 2009
Hi all, I'm new to the site. I live with my wife in Preston, Lancashire. We currently have over 150 tropical fish. We have all in all 23 aquariums, although only four are set up at the moment. Until recently we had fifteen male Betta Splendens in cube tanks, most we had to sell when we moved from Kent and now we only have two.

Anyway, here's a few photos of my Roma 240 and some of it's inhabitants.

My full stock list for this tank is as follows:

2 Flame Dwarf Gourami
2 Dwarf Blue Gourami
2 Banded Dwarf Gourami
2 BN Plec (Ancistrus tamboensis)
1 Golden BN Plec (Ancistrus cf. cirrhosus)
1 Blonde Bulldog Plec (Chaetostoma sp(1) )
2 Striped Raphael Catfish (Platydoras Armatulus)
6 SA Bumblebee Catfish (Microglanis Iheringii)
5 Bronze Corys (Corydoras Aaenus)
5 Albino Corys (Corydoras Aaenus)

I am currently running a Fluval 305 and an Aqua Pro 1SP (this filter I use purely to contain mature donor media). I am looking to upgrade the 305 to an FX5 once I can afford it. I change 30% water every weekend with a 10% change mid-week. Once every four-six weeks, I carry out a big 50% water change and have a re-arrange and re-plant in the tank.

My heating is taken care of by two 200 watt Hydor Theo heaters kept at 25 celcius by an external controller I built specifically for the job (I've never been impressed by the accuracy of the built-in thermostats).

These photos were taken yesterday after I changed from a gravel substrate to a sand substrate, hence the slight cloudiness of the water in some photos. I have retained some gravel in order to weigh down the plants, epsecially the Vallis. My BN Plecs seem to enjoy destroying Vallis of any kind :rolleyes:

I'll post some photos of our other tanks once they are all sorted out.

beckyd

Large Fish
Mar 16, 2009
23 aquariums? Wow! Welcome to the site:) Love your pictures. You have some really fun plecos. They're really interesting.