Freeswimming discus pics(6 days old)

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Dude! I cant belive I missed this thread man! Gezz!

Wow, those are awesome. Simply awesome.

Very big cheers to ya!!!*celebrate ( dont worry, I know ya cant drink just yet, so I'll make up for the both of us! :D)

Seriously, Congrats!!!

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Drink pfft....fishboy is partyboy. :p ;) and LOL Orion.

I want some of those Red Turqs when you get some 3"ers so put me on the list ;)

Oscar, first thing is first....gotta keep them alive. After you master the keeping aspect then you would move on to breeding. Daily W/Cs. live foods, low pH....many factors. Water quality has got to be top notch.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
2" of generic strains can fetch about $15-20 each. If they are good quality. 3" for about $20-30. etc...LFS jacks the prices up for less than good quality discus. You can get a lot more for your money by going to a breeder.

Yeah W/Cs are the main thing. I am no expert on discus breeding or discus at all but i know some stuff just by reading and keeping them myself. Breeders will sometimes even do 25-50% TWICE a day. of course thus being done with complicated automatic W/C systems. I have stepped up my W/Cs on my discus tank to about Twice a week....usually. More if time permits. Theres really no such thing as to many W/Cs for discus. They need clean water. A general rule is....if you wouldn't drink your Discus tank water, then you need to do a W/C cause its not clean enough. :D