First ADF May be sick. I need help

KJ_N8

New Fish
Aug 30, 2009
VA
My ADF I've had 3 wks has a thick cloud film around left foot and foot is curved down. Looks like film is spreading to other limbs and 2 small spots on his back. Of corse after a couple days of searching for answers I've had no luck. Can anyone tell me what it is and anything helpful to his recovery. I tried to attach a pic. I think it worked

Attachments

Last edited:

beckyd

Large Fish
Mar 16, 2009
I have ADFs. Never seen anything like this though. Looks like a fungus. I would get a fungus medication ASAP and treat him just like you would a sick fish. Quarantine him immediately if he isn't alone. Read the box to make sure it isn't counterindicated for frogs, but most that are ok for fish will be fine. One that treats secondary bacteria infections seems like a good idea to me too. Good luck.

KJ_N8

New Fish
Aug 30, 2009
VA
Thanks BeckyD for your help. It doesn't look like this is something anyone has seen. I have took your advice and there are 2 new pics to show 2 days of treatment. Hopefullythis will save my lil buddy. Thanks again!

LadyLail

Large Fish
Dec 31, 2008
NC
www.myspace.com
I was just going to suggest Melafix. I don't know what it's calld, but it is a fungus and one of my ADF's got it and Melafix cleared it right up. Since they have both died, but due to natural cuases, I like to think! ;)