Establishing my sorority

beckyd

Large Fish
Mar 16, 2009
Well, well little Jane pitched herself a royal fit! That's funny. I have never had a female react at all to guppies. I think over time I have had 5 or 6 females with guppies? Something like that. Oh well, for some reason you might as well attach "it depends on the individual fish" on every single betta comment:)

Rexy, love the story about buying them all:) Good thing I do not work in a pet store. LOL. I'm in medicine and you are less likely to bring home sick people, although sometimes I want to...

LTBW- thanks for the compliments.

Everyone is doing well. Cami still has a nipped tail, but it looks fine. She was actually chasing Lady yesterday, so her timidness is improving. I am quite happy with their interactions. Bass, do you think if they are doing good together still that they are likely to be fine? They are quite peaceful until feeding time. Then everbody gets riled up a bit. After that, back to normal.

They all look so good now. Fat little tummies instead of all skinny like when I got them. Although, cami and Lady are still quite streamlined compared to the others, but they are clearly younger too. Now, if I could just get a handle on the plants in there...

beckyd

Large Fish
Mar 16, 2009
Forgot to respond to the Canadian fish supply conversation. That's good that you have a good variety. I think it all depends on your individual local and teh demand there. I think for a large town that my choices are boring. If I was closer to Miami, I think it would be better. Supposedly there are alot of breeders there. I don't know. Seems like some of the best fish come from some person's personal tanks. I'm not surprised they are expensive in Canada though. Isn't everything?

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
usually only the chain store is really super-expensive (cories $15!!) . My lfs actually has awesome prices. He breeds tons of fish. I got my cories there for $2! He has los of unusual fish- I saw a red torpedoe, a garpike, all sorts of neat things! And the prices are good. He's much better than any chain store!

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
that's why you buy only from people who offer live arrival guarantees. you don't have to worry about anything then. Fish that are ordered online through local breeders actually have a higher survival rate than some of the fish you can get from your LFS.