Cory Spawning Habits

Cool! But where to put the fry, if they come...the betta will most likely eat them, unless she doesn't pay attention to the ground. :) After a couple spawns my bettas lost interest in the eggs so if she eats them now, she might ignore the next batch. Good luck and get some pics!!

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
:D I do have that extra 5 gallon tank I tore down, and the 2.5 and 1 gallon that I could probably use to put the eggs in until they hatch(?). Last thing I'll need is for my Dwarf Gourami pair to start breeding as well, along with the Peppered Cories, and White Clouds.........

geez, good thing I gave the Guppies away.

Yeah, if you could get the eggs out that would be best. After a couple days they should turn greyish. If they don't, then they weren't fertilyzed and you can feed them to your betta :D

I'm planning to sell my tetras because I want more room for the cories and possibly some swords again. STARLET'S GOT SOMETHING IN HER BELLY!!!!!!

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
Well, it seems that Bonnie made a nice meal out of the eggs.... and for the life of me, I can't find the snail eggs I had seen right below them either. I'm hoping the pygmies laid some eggs somewhere bonnie couldn't find them, it's hard to check the substrate out, b/c it's the same color as the eggs...

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
I was kinda hoping a few survivors fell from the plant and onto the substrate while Bonnie was munching on some of them. I see Bonnie swimming between all the tight spots in the plants right now - hoping to find more eggs I'm guessing.

My temp is at 83 right now. Lately, it's been changing between 78 and 83 - 78 at night, and 83 during the day. On Saturday I completely redid my other 5 gallon, and then put them in this one and tore the other one down.

I think I remember reading a while back - before I made up my mind about getting cories - that if there's a pretty drastic change in temperatures, it'll get them excited and make them want to breed. I was going to do a water change in a bit, and over the course of an hour or two, try to bring the temperatures down a bit to around 81, maybe 80.