Corals coming back around

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
Well after my pH problem then the power outage failure/disaster my corals are making a comeback. I took all my corals and put them in my 10G to nurse them back to health. Here is a couple quick pics and a pic of my new LED light I built for it. Kind of crappy quality photos.
2012-01-22_14-09-14_412.jpg 2012-01-22_14-09-51_286.jpg 2012-01-22_14-12-55_671.jpg
And yes thats eves through for your house gutter!!!! LOL. I love it, less then 30 bucks to build!!!

Last edited:

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Lovely, Kerry!! I'm glad to here that your corals are coming back around!! Nice job on the DIY LED lights, I like it. I also love how you have one big fish room. All my fish and my beardie's tank are in my room. I USED to have a big room. Now I'm cramped. Lol

Feb 27, 2009
Good to see your corals are making a recovery! Watch salinity carefully in your 10g tank -- it can rise quickly from evaporation.
Agree 100%!

When I lived in Florida, I used a 15gallon for a QT/Hospital tank. I found putting plastic kitchen wrap over that tank helpful to prevent evaporation that can alter salinity so quickly in the small volume of water.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
I am glad to see them doing well to, thanks for all the kind words.
It (salinity) can rise in a hurry for sure. I top off every morning at 5:45am before I head out the door for work and when I come back in after work at 5:45pm. Evaporation was one of the reasons for going with LED's. I changed to 12,000K LED's about two months ago to experiment with them and just now built a permanent housing with a reflector this last Sunday. The LED really brings out the colors everything in the tank. I also put 6 12,000K LED's over my 75G with 60 degree reflectors mounted about a foot over the tank for supplemental lighting, what a difference in the Africans now.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Is that a green toadstool? I like toadstools, look way cool when they get some size to them. I never had a green one, always wanted one.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
I have two one is a bit bigger then golf ball the other is almost the size of a tennis ball which is the one I have been fragging off of. I am sending some to kenny1tothe6 on here in a week or two. I plan on getting a couple more going, you are welcome to a frag if you would like one.