Columbian Shark Home.

madhippoz

Large Fish
Jan 14, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Visit site
Heheh actually right after I wrote my post to you I called Riverfront and asked them and found out just that. Heheh I'm going straight there after work for half price Goby's! Which is good, I need 5. How were they? Healthy and all? Riverfront is generally excellent in that regard, but you never know :)

madhippoz

Large Fish
Jan 14, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Visit site
That's a bummer man. How long did you have him? I know I made extra sure to close up any holes on my hood. During the night I can hear them splashing at the top of the water, screwing around. Wouldn't take much for one to slip out and onto the floor.

adamj

Large Fish
Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
MORPHEUS - just noticed that you said you've purchased sone iridescent sharks. Be careful with these guys, as they are more sensitive to waterquality and stress than columbians. Also they grow to very large sizes. However, they are only of the only non-agressive sharks out there... good luck

madhippoz

Large Fish
Jan 14, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Visit site
Yah I find they'll swim around, looking for food or whatever, and then they run into each other nose to nose and spook the hell out of each other, and then water is getting flung all over the place. I'm a little nervous right now, I bought a 10gal tank for my brother, and so I've plunked his AquaClear 150 onto my tank for a week to get his bacteria started in it. But to put it on beside my current Aquaclear Mini I had to pull my hood forward a tad. I've consequently piled food containers and other crap over the gap heheh, don't want any airborne sharks.