clown loach problem!

brody

Small Fish
May 3, 2009
england
hi i have 4 small clown loach in a 110 litre tank ready to move into a 240 litre tank when bigger
the problem is 2 of them have a reddish line running down the side of there body only 2 have got this and the other 2 are okay
what is wrong with them the water is okay:
ph:6.8
Ammonia:0
nitrate:10
nitrite:0
25% water change every weekend with dechlorinator
all the other fish are doing fine
thanks for any reply

brody

Small Fish
May 3, 2009
england
thanks for the reply ye the red line is dull but you can see it and yes it goes along the lateral line of the fish
il try and upload a pic later if i can get one

Jun 15, 2009
Hi - I know with koi they can develop red streaking round their gills/undersides if there is a lack of oxygen in the pond - maybe the same applies here - especially if you are treating the tank if you decide it is more like internal bacteria, it's always good to increase aeration. When I increased the size of my airstone in my tank and really upped the flow rate my fish picked up and generally seemed a lot happier.

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2009
When I think clown loaches, I think current. Many if not most of these fish are wild caught from fast flowing streams and appreciate moderate current in the aquarium. I have three in 75 gal with two Emperor 400's and an aquaclear 50 powerhead. Have seen them leapfrogging one another to position themselves directly in the current flow. Sometimes diet can help improve fishes health. Spirulina flake and vegetables are enjoyed by mine as well as brine shrimp,blood worms, krill,and ocean nutritions omni formula.

brody

Small Fish
May 3, 2009
england
many thanks for the replys i will add a bigger airstone to the tank and try to add more flow into the tank if that fails i will add some treatment for septicemia.