Blue Crayfish tank

car1b

Small Fish
Feb 13, 2011
united kingdom (manchester)
hes about 6-7 inches and i think hes about 1 year old
and since i've had him hes molted twice (craaped it the first time..... and second time i watched him :D)

and the lad that had it before me said it molted a few times too :D

how big has your got and how many times has yours molted

HEADIN

Large Fish
Aug 9, 2010
well if she doesnt want to hide then she's not going to lol

when they molt they are vulnerable because their new shell/exoskeleton is very soft so if attached if could be fatal. That's why they will hide to keep out of the way and they don't like to be disturbed either.

Mine hides for a few days when she molts and comes out all bigger and new showing off.
Make sure you leave the old shells in there for them to eat.

Maybe she won't hide because she doesn't feel anywhere is safe enough of big enough for her new shell.

You shouldn't have that many cray fish in that small of tank. I know im guilty of overstocking my tank in the past but after coming on here and learning all about the hobby and stuff i've sorted all that out.

Crayfish will fight for territory and in such a small space whether they are male or female or not is asking for trouble and some dead crays. Maybe a male and female together but even then they have nowhere really to go when they get in each other's faces.

HEADIN

Large Fish
Aug 9, 2010
Thats part and parcel of getting into the hobby really isnt in.

Being willing to do water changes and gettin in there arm deep when needs.

Half an hour sorts me out for a 30-40 percent wc each week. No time at all really when all the kids are havin a sleep on a sat or sunday afternoon.

HEADIN

Large Fish
Aug 9, 2010
I'll get 1 put up when she emerges from hiding.

If your going to attempt a betta in with your then a lone betta is the way forward rather than a couple.