Black Molly Died

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I'm not terribly surprised, as you said in another post that your nitrites were at 2.0. Nitrites destroy the hemoglobin in the fishes blood, basically suffocating them.

A pinch of salt will help reduce the effects of nitrite poisoning, but water changes are what will really help. You could also add a little ammolock to help.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
There's really no need to lose fish as a beginner. You are getting some great advice here on how to make your water suitable, please start doing this, otherwise more of your fish will soon start dying. :(

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
i am doing everything that i am being advised to do. i did a 75% water change today. yesterday i did a 50% water change. just frustrating is all.. kinda overwhelming

the_sixx

Medium Fish
Dec 16, 2007
Watertown, NY
when any of your fish die you should do complete tests on every aspect of your tank from your water tests to making sure your filters are in tip top shape its late but you may prevent more deaths...for me I do 50% water changes daily for a couple of reasons it doesnt ever let levels get too high and b youll notice that your fishes colors and fins and such are just gleaming