Betta Remodel

I'm a poor college student so my ability to remodel tanks with extravagant things is minimal. I decided to re-do my betta tank, well it was a guppy tank (or rather not a tank at all, not much care was given to it like it should have had), now a betta tank. He absolutely adores his tank and lives with Ickle Me, Pickle Me, and Tickle Me Too (Kuhli Loaches) and a few pond snails.

Yucky old tank (don't even ask why there is ugly yellow/brown gravel, I have no idea...haha)

And it begins:

Plants, driftwood, filter, stuff

Kuhli's not too thrilled:

Betta man! (yes, those are baby guppies in there, no he didn't eat those ones, yes he has eaten others, did I intentionally feed them to him? no.)

Benefit of balconies:

Mud! Or sand.

To be continued...

I was disappointed HOW insanely gross the water was for how much time I spent burning my hands in boiling water, cleaning sand.

It's a swamp!

Finished:

Betta man!

They absolutely love the tank and the filter is making it's own craters in the sand :) The betta loves going under the driftwood and sneaking around the tank. If he is happy, I am happy!

I also got a new little filter for the tank the other one was gross. Oh yeah and this (of course) was not over just a few hours.

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
I love it! The ♥ bamboo is really cute and betta boy is gorgeous! I love the little red kissy mark on his head. What happened with the gups? Since you mentioned it I have to know lol -And I feel ya for the sand. It can be such a pain! It took me hours and an aching back to get mine *really* super clean. Now I can dump it in a tank with [knock on wood] zero cloudiness. I can't wait to get my new 16g tank up...

overall, fab tank and great fish!

Last edited:

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
looks cool but did you cycle the new tank before putting the fish in? or did you just keep the filter moist during the exchange and then use the same filter media?

looks cool but did you cycle the new tank before putting the fish in? or did you just keep the filter moist during the exchange and then use the same filter media?
I left the water in the filter and used a bit of the old water and kept all the same stuff, minus about 25% of the water.

Then I bought a new filter and ran both of them from around August 10th until just the other day, and luckily that old filter held out and finally just now broke. So the new one has only been running for a few days over a month.