Besides fish...

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
No. Where I live we have a pound in town but I live about 30 miles away from there. And they only hold animals they don't spay or neuter the animals either. what a great place huh. This is why we frequently get dogs from them. They are not the greatest people to keep animals under their care. Also we only have one vet in our town and she is pretty expensive considering she's the only one around. Like I said I live in the country. ;D

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
[quote author=ryanp14 link=board=general&num=990545321&start=0#6 date=05/22/01 at 16:12:37]
Cats (0 I killed them all! ;D)
[/quote]

[quote author=ryanp14 link=board=general&num=990545321&start=15#18 date=05/26/01 at 21:03:23]
We give most of our kittens away to become house pets if they survive the mower and bush hog first. Not to mention the dogs. ;D

We just got two spayed cats to stay in the horse stables cause the mice are starting to get into stuff. One day I hope to become a vet and I'll do spays and neuterings for around $10! Just to keep the cat population down. They breed like crazy you know. I have a cousin that lives in Chicago and they are so outrageous there. You can't sleep sometimes listening to them whine for food and water and stuff. So like you said shooting them isn't cruel if it's for the benefit of the cat and not just for fun or sport. Very well stated might I say. ;D
[/quote]

So ryan do you have cats or not???

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
I have 2 cats.

Toby is a 22# male gray/brown tiger. He is a big dude.Almost 6 years old

Chloe is a 12# Jet black female. She is a year plus old.

Both are trained pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Both are fixed as well.

Poor cats have been under attack from a pretty mean Blue Jay, which he and his 2 or 3 wives, have made a nest somewhere outside my house. Very annoying . He is always screaming at any cat that is outside. Plus, he dive bombs both my cats. I was surprised when my Big cat ran away from him. I guess his high pitched screams and constant attacks are enough to run from.

Well as long as he doesn't go after any humans in the head...I will let him be. Just him protecting his nest from the cats. He has guts to dive bomb my Big cat. :eek:

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Like I said we have two now in our horse stables to keep the mice population down. Who knows if they'll be there tommorrow. We go through so many animals here it isn't funny you know. ;D They are pretty cats that we got AND they were spayed. ;D

keprydak

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
TX
www.xanga.com
i think we ought to change the conversation off of cats, especially exterminating them, and to something a bit more... well...
i've got a massive pond in my backyard, with 75 assorted goldfish, koi, fantail hybrid things. we started with about 15 fish in there, and never added any more. heh. anyway, and i've got a little pembroke welsh corgi too. she's a sweet puppy. the smartest, and best trained you'll ever find. :)

D

discusaquarium

hey ryan only 8 more posts till the big [glow=Navy,strength,width]1000![/glow]

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Well there's me and my dad and we live on the farm and then there's 3 others on the farm. And at the horse barn we have a manager and 3 helpers down there. I spend a lot of time down there too. ;D My dad doesn't ride as does anyone else in the family. That's good though cause all of my horses are for me! ;D

Lynn

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
LOL! That's the way I see it! My husband rides, and my niece rides, and of course I ride. But that's it, so 21 out of 23 horses are all for me! ;D One of my friends keeps her 2 horses at the farm so we have 25 total.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Right now I only have 19 horses. But that's enough. Also our trainer rides them. We have 15 american saddlebreds, 2 quarter horses, and 2 paints. That's about enough. ;D At one time we had 31 horses around everywhere. We trade and breed a lot. ;D