Air bubbles in fish poop?

Jan 15, 2013
Nice turnout. Does he have other fish in the pond or will Charlotte get the pond to herself?

The problem is pet stores don't inform people of what different fish actually need - goldfish are so commonly seen and sold, and they show the pictures on all the fish tank boxes of these tiny little tanks. Petsmart actually sells a 3g "goldfish kit." So it isn't common knowledge how big and messy they normally get. I won a few at a fair when I was little, and we kept them in a 3-5g tank, with few water changes; not surprisingly, they didn't live all that long.
Goldfish are cheap, accessible, and hardy, and that's a bad combination with large and long-lived (10+ years). Same issue with iguanas (which get to about 6 feet long and generally get aggressive as they mature, but few who buy a baby realize the actual potential of the lizard).

Also to touch on the initial question - fish can also get gas (more common in some species than others) which you will see as little air bubbles rising up, or they can come out while pooing and so the bubbles in the poo.
I think he has other fish in the pond (other goldfish and koi, that is).
Yes, I totally agree about the pet store's not notifying people about how big some fish get. My sister had 5 goldfish in a 10-gallon tank because the PetSmart people said that many could live together...needless to say, they all died within the first few months.