what the heck is this thing?

Medusa or something?

Shrooms are splitting

Brittle star

something

Large Fish
Nov 8, 2004
southern CA
Just regular old FW ghosts. i couldnt tell you how long they last, they're all pretty much eaten right away. I would guess no longer than a week though.

Petco sells red clawed crabs and crayfish for about $1.50, could i feed those to the octo?

Last edited:

something

Large Fish
Nov 8, 2004
southern CA
Fishfreak said:
How much did all of this cost? I might wanna start one of my own.

heh, thats a good question

my bank statement says about $400, give or take. But the LR i bought was a bit over priced.

i went ahead and bought a bunch of crayfish and red claws, the octo seems to have no problem completely destroying them. Im trying to get him to take krill, so im gonna go buy some tomorrow. I tried feeding him a dead crab (i stepped on him by accident:eek:) but he just attacked the feeding stick. It took a few min before he took the crab.

something

Large Fish
Nov 8, 2004
southern CA
today = success

Ok, so this thread is getting so freaking long that my computer is having a hard time loading it sometimes, so im gonna switch over to a new thread in a few posts.

anyways, on to the news:
today = success

octopus ate a dead krill that was given to him with the help of a feeding stick (to avoid any unfortunate encounters with my finger and his beak). He didnt finish the whole krill, because earlier that day he destroyed a crayfish about the size of his head (3.5" or so), it was cool to watch

more news:
tomorrow or subsequent days = possible failure
i bought some hairy mushrooms or something of the like today, and i consequently had my first encounter with fragging corals. I tied the shrooms to a piece of LR with some sewing thread, hopefully it will stick, only time will tell. Pics in a while

lordroad

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Shelby, NC
www.joshday.com
Not to add any more posts to this thread but... I'm real curious, how are things going?

Addendum: this was a great thread to read. I came upon it late, when it was on its 11th page or so, and spent about an hour reading everything and looking at the pics.

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
if you want a nano cube..its cheaper to order online. you can even order it directly from JBJ.

I thought Mantis Shrimps were considered pests? Dont they kill SW fish and inverts? dont most ppl try to get rid of them from their live rocks?

Fishfreak

Large Fish
Aug 3, 2004
NC
Visit site
I would order it from nanocustoms.com They have good upgrades. They curently have a hood worth $350 on fragbay.com and the bid is only a $50. It has a small chip in it so that is why it is being sold there. Check it out.