• Less Fish

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

SLO-Dean

Large Fish
Jan 27, 2003
SLO, CA
Visit site
well, thanks for the opinions, but more fish would not be responsible and less plants? NO WAY! I love my live tank and the fish like the plants.
I'm hoping the foreground plants grown in a bit thicker and I have some Java Moss that will eventually cover some rocks and wood. I will have to keep the Jungle Val. (Valisnera americana) cut down as it grows so long it lays down and covers the top and the Giant Hygro in the rear tends to get really thick and grows up above the water, so I'l be pruning regularly. But..........
GREEN IS GOOD!!
If this were a Cichlid tank I might just use stacked rocks, but I like the well planted look with schooling fish.
With all thes plants there is less stress and lots of territories for the fishies.

SLO-Dean

Large Fish
Jan 27, 2003
SLO, CA
Visit site
I thought I'd try a poll for a change and enjoyed the feedback, but I can't stop it once it's posted.

I do like what I have, but you never know when you might get a good idea from someone.

I would like some red plants but I don't have much space left it's very hard to vaccuum as it is and I still need growing room. But things are proceeding nicely, I just have to get in there and prune a bit, and possibly replants the wall of Giant Hygro in the back as it's almost a wall of roots and the tops are breaking the water surface, again.

I don't see why you would want less plants either. I mean, isn't the point of a planted tank to make a jungle of sorts? I'm captain overstock when it comes to fish so personally I would throw in some more candy tetras, silver hatchets (definately!!!), and possibly a few more neon rainbows. I figure everybody needs some company. Don't go too far overboard though.

I think the plant layout looks really good. Maybe move those vals on the left into the corner more but thats a strong maybe. Give us an update when the foreground fills in. It outta look really cool then.

SLO-Dean

Large Fish
Jan 27, 2003
SLO, CA
Visit site
Have trimmed plants back quite a bit, and moved most of the Danios (the ones I could catch) to my 29 gallon Livebearer tank.

It's amazing the Jungle Val (Vallisneria americana) even when cut on top the blades continue to grow to about 2 feet long, so I just keep snipping off the extra length. The plants below are starting to spread now that more light can get through. Need to post an updated pic soon.