55 Gallon Cichlid tank

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Here's a tank I was given January 1st of last year. It sat empty for six months until I put a bluegill in it this summer. Last week I removed all of the white gravel and put some smaller brown gravel in it. Yesterday I added more large rocks (mostly limestone) and make more caves and hiding places. I'll me adding more eventually.

The 260w Coralife light fixture really makes my plastic plants grow (even without injected CO2). Actually, I picked that up used for $50; as soon as I can pic up some new bulbs I'll be putting in on my 55g planted tank and swap out the 130w Coralife fixture to this one.

So far I only have a pleco and two gouramis (all from various tanks I've either been given or bought second hand over the years).

Tank will eventually have mbuna cichlids.

Then again, a buddy of mine is giving me all the live (well...dead) rock from his old 55g saltwater tank and a bag of salt. I might have to change my plans from upgrading my 10g nano to a 29g up to a 55g. Just need some funds for all the other items needed. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
wow...now how does that work ?
majority of your lighting looks like blue, and the majority of your water is tinted red LOL!
My fish swim in blood. Actually, that was just after a gourami feeding frenzy. They're somewhat vicious and will attack and kill anything that enters the water.

Or maybe I had just received my new Hoya dual color (red & blue) lens filter and was playing with the camera. ;)