29 Gal Planted rate

xelaxor

Small Fish
Sep 22, 2008
What do you think? Not sure of plant types. Pet-O-Rama just had a ton and I picked out what I liked.

My fav cichlid :)

He loves the camera. Every time I press the button to focus he always swims up and looks lol.

Last edited:

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
Very nice tank! those fish may dig, but it looks like your plants are all in good shape!

That driftwood really makes your tank look amazing :D
love that blue cichlid too.

xelaxor

Small Fish
Sep 22, 2008
Very nice tank. Good job taking the pics.
Thanks a bunch :)

Very nice tank! those fish may dig, but it looks like your plants are all in good shape!

That driftwood really makes your tank look amazing :D
love that blue cichlid too.
They've started to dig but the plants are hanging in there! And yes I think the Driftwood makes the tank too :D That's where my cichlid (2nd pic) hides.

Nice! I saw a little baby cichlid (~1" long) at Petco the oher day and I wanted to bring it home, but I don't think it would fit into my female betta sorority/community tank I'm setting up. :p
Believe it or not, the first pic, the cichlid farthest right that's kinda turning, I brought home and introduced into that tank when he was about half an inch long. Pet o Rama gave me him free because he was getting picked on in their tanks and I though it was worth a shot since Ihad a ton of hiding spots. He's done great and is almost adult sized now. I have another full grown kind of him, and they dug out the nest but never laid eggs unfortunantly. :eek:

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Believe it or not, the first pic, the cichlid farthest right that's kinda turning, I brought home and introduced into that tank when he was about half an inch long. Pet o Rama gave me him free because he was getting picked on in their tanks and I though it was worth a shot since Ihad a ton of hiding spots. He's done great and is almost adult sized now. I have another full grown kind of him, and they dug out the nest but never laid eggs unfortunantly. :eek:
Oh, I believe it. It's actually NOT the cichlid I'm worried about. lol. It's EVERYONE ELSE in the tank once the cichlid gets bigger. LOL!;)

xelaxor

Small Fish
Sep 22, 2008
Oh, I believe it. It's actually NOT the cichlid I'm worried about. lol. It's EVERYONE ELSE in the tank once the cichlid gets bigger. LOL!;)
Hahahaha.

the Cabomba carolina up front and in the back will be a bit hard to keep planted with all those diggers around :p
Yes lol, they have dug them up already! I take a handful of gravel and put it around the base, hoping it'll be piled there long enough for my plants to take root but the silly cichlids and pleco just loooove grabbing the roots and pulling! xD