250gal sump

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Hummm, You wanted a 250g, but your getting the 125g. JMO here, I wanted a 150g to 180g, but because of the cost when setting this tank up (I bought everything new) I bought a 125gallon, I am still kickin myself for that decision. Make very sure this is what you want to do. If your happy doing this, I am happy for you.

Aug 10, 2009
ya im defiantly happy with the 125, if you don't mind what are the dimensions of your stand? im going to DIY and just want to know how high is the norm. im going to use 2X4's and 4X6's then eventually down the road cover it but a bare stand is fine for me right now. and then the hood and i found this for lighting?? it will be a FOWLR. IceCap 48" 4 Lamp Complete T 5 Retrofit Kit by IceCap - AquaCave then build the sump out of the 55gal add a skimmer and some kind of light. what kind of substrate should that have?

Jul 19, 2007
clemson,sc
personally I would get a new tank...it looks like an accident waiting to happen
On the other hand I have a friend that has a 120g and also has a chip in the corner but it doesnt extend from where the two glass panels intersect...still you are taking a risk there..with the water pressure against the sides...it could potentially crack over time and then...you get a huge crack in the aquarium and the rest is a nightmare