Kiddie Pool As Pond????

Well my mom is planning on buying a Kiddie Pool and make it into a pond for the 3 Comet Goldfish. I will be the one taking care of wc's and whatnot with it since it wont have a filter at the beginning. Now how big should I try and find the Kiddie Pool? And what other percausions will I need to take with the setup?

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
Are you serious about the kiddie pool. I mean really? What exactly are you planning on doing. Digging a hole and putting the kiddie pool in it to make a pond or something like that. If you have something different in mind I would like to know what you are planning on doing with the kiddie pool?

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
I don't want to be rude or anything. I don't see any point in doing this. It will just be a container that holds water and can hold fish. A bucket but wider and outside. To tell you the truth I don't see anything good coming out of this. Even though good luck with it. And do post some pics if you go through with it.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
James From Cali said:
Well it is going to be better than a 10g tank. Im trying to make them as comfortable as possible after they had been shoved into a 10g tank by my mom. I didnt take it as being rude, I can see how this may seem farfetched.

Well thats a good thing. But if you are going to spend money on a kiddie pool you could get a 2nd hand 20-30 gallon tank on criagslist. infact you might even get a free tank. I even saw someone giving out a 55 gallon tank. You live in sacramento not that far from where i live. I got my 55 gallon tank for free from san leandro. Give it a try.

Free 55 gallon aquarium

Its a free 55 gallon tank. san mateo is not that far from where you live.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
James From Cali said:
Im trying to see when I could get it, that is 5 motnhs allownace right there. Well I will keep yuo guys updated.

What do you mean 5 months allownace? Its free. He is just asking for delivery. If you pick it up your self then it is totaly free. It comes with everything. Just email him to see if he still has the tank? I doubt it though. It a very good deal "FREE"

EDIT: I guess I'm too slow.