Zoa and Brain pics

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
Its not that its hard. There is a lot to know about water and its chemistry. I also run an algae scrubber type filter so that makes it a ton easier due to the fact I have been without a water change in over two years but due to that fact I have to dose my tank daily to keep certain levels up to replicate the oceans water. Check out Algae Scrubbers for more info on scrubbers. There are also two types now, one is under water and the other is a waterfall type. I personally feel the waterfall type is the best one.
SW can be very rewarding if you have coral. You get some small pieces like the size of a dime and in a couple years they can be the size of a volley ball. There is a lot of research and learning that needs to be done to maintain a healthy SW tank. Its not hard to learn but its involved like anything you learn or practice but once you learn it you always have it and this knowledge continues to grow as well. I thought I knew a lot about keeping fish until I got a SW tank a couple decades ago. Well, all I thought I knew was really nothing. I failed miserably but through that failure I learned what I know now. Through all the learning of keeping SW I have became a great fish/coral keeper of SW and FW. I know of waters biology and the why it works the way it does. I understand how nuticline depth regulate the oceans carbon cycle and how El nino's effect the oceans and sea's. Ok enough about the boring stuff.
Mostly its a ton of fun and enjoy it greatly!!!!! I love to grow coral and give them away to the local SW keepers in the area when they are ready to be fragged (split) because they have multiplied so much. Everything I get extra of in my water keeping is given back to others in the hobby for free. If I upgrade something and the things I replaced are in good working order I pass them onto others that need or can upgrade their stuff. In the end its works like a big circle, when they get far enough into the hobby they bring me frags of their coral or offer to help with renovations of tanks, additions, or improvements. I would encourage anyone to get info on the local clubs for FW or SW as they can be great sources of help and a ton of fun!! In all its not hard to do, but it requires time and energy as any hobby does but the pay off in the end is bountiful and rewarding.

Oh and my the way my name is Kerry and I am a Saltwater Reef and African cichlid addict!! LOL