Zeebra snail.

Dec 20, 2009
Canada
I have a Zeebra snail that spends the same ammount of time, if not more, outside of the water as it does underwater. Is that ok? Normally I just push him backdown just under the surface of the water. shoulod I keep doing this or just leave him to his own?

tonymac

Small Fish
Nov 18, 2009
Just one word of caution-while the behavior you mention can be perfectly normal for snails, it can also be a sign that they dont like the water quality. I wouldn't worry about it as your tank don't seem overcrowded, but sometimes a spike in Ammonia can cause large snails to skirt the perimeter of the Aquarium in an attempt to "escape". They then get caught between a rock and a hard place as they dont want to "dry out". It can also mean they're laying eggs or found a good food source on the waterline

Dec 20, 2009
Canada
It doesen't seem like hes trying to leave the tank. Its just he will entirely leave the water then go right back to the bottom. Theres no inbetween with him. If it was the water quality would my ramshorn be doing the same? Because he doesen't.