Yipeeeeee! I got my Tank!

Papillon

Large Fish
Jun 15, 2003
Montclair, NJ
Visit site
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I GOT MY TANK!!!!

FINALLY!! I went today to PETCO and picked up my 12 gallon eclipse complete with bio wheel etc...

I got natural gravel, and huge lava rock Lancelot can swim through and hide in... Then I did something pathetic!! I got silk plants for now and stuck them in the tank.. I want to see how I do, before graduating to the real ones! I will get there eventually*celebrate .

I also got a "medecine" cabinet stuffed with remedies to prevent diseases should he get sick, then I can treat him ASAP.. I got a good heater, themometer and the works..

For the amount I spent, he better be a healthy and happy betta.. He will be moving into a "palace" when the tank has finished cycling.. I also put some cycle in it to speed it up a bit...

I am still obsessing (and being completely indecisive) about which tank mates to get for him, if any at all..

But anyway I am quite content for now and happy with the "waterscape" I have created....

Thanks for letting me share my excitement!!:D

Marie

Papillon

Large Fish
Jun 15, 2003
Montclair, NJ
Visit site
See he is peaceful by himself but Lord knows how he would react with anything else... I am not overly enthused about the frogs, though at the moment considering everything!

I wish there wasn't such conflicting information out there concering, tank mates for these fish, it would make life so much easier..... sigh....

Marie

revfred

Superstar Fish
Jun 21, 2003
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I have an Eclipse 6 with "Old Blue" the Betta, added 1 each of an aneas cory and a julii cory. They do fine. I tried smaller cory's ... paleatus . .. and "Old Blue" got all 3 of them in time. He doesn't bother the bigger cory's tho.

I have a couple of other bettas, and I really like them. But I find bettas have such individual personalities. Some get really territorial. In one other tank, I have a pair of beautiful male guppies . . . "Lemon" the betta stays on one side of the tank .. . the guppies on the other. If the guppies "cross the line" he's after them in a flash. So you'll have to see how Lancelot does with some tank buddies. But the catfish are a safe bet.

Congrats on your new set-up. I've seen the E-12's and they really look nice. You made a great choice!!!

*thumbsups *thumbsups

Last edited:

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Congrats on your new tank. Send us a picture when you can :) 12 gal is a lot of tank (for a betta), and the heater will keep Lancelot comfortable.

As for the medicine cabinet, Jungle Fungus Eliminator is a must.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Yay! Lancelot will love the space :) You pretty much just have to try the fish with him and see how they all react. He could be just fine with other fish. I'm with ya on the frogs though...I'm not too big on them :) Oh and silk plants are FINE for now! I still don't have any live plants, but I'll try some sometime!

I assume you're fishless cycling the 12 gallon?