Yea!

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Finally i have another discus. He is a marlboro and is in my 20gal with the cobalt...only he is seperated with a divider. Obviously my cobalt has other ideas about sharing his territory. Anyway....i have had him  for about 2 weeks now and he is eating happily and swimming around on his side. I have now stepped up my water changes to about 15-20% daily instead of every other day also. 8)

Kewl! You're getting there fishboy. Now all you need is a bigger tank. A 20g is nowhere near big enough for 2 discus. They school, so 4-5 are the MINIMUM, and that needs a 55g MINIMUM.

Awesome fish, I love mine to death, but please, get them a bigger home. If you can't do that, don't get any more discus, please?

Oct 22, 2002
Edmonton
photos.yahoo.com
O luv! Just relax! I have 14 discus in a 30G. 12 are 2" and 2 are 3"!

Fishboy,
However, I also do 90% water change daily. If you could, I would recommend also to increase the volume to around 30-40%. Mind you, I also feed 4-5x a day. How big are the discus?

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have now stepped up water changes to 40% percent and 60% on Sunday. The fish are about 2.5-3.0 inches. They are fed bloodworms , brine shrimp,flakes, and tetra discus pellets. They also have about 10 neon buds. Heavily planted with a pc light and diy Co2. I have some micro swords, hygros,swords,and a few crypts in it. Ph around 6.5, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, and nitrates are at 5 ppm. How does this sound?
I also am trying to get a 55 but if i cannot i will go for a 33L.

Thanks