yayay NEW BETTA !!!!!

jamiejay09

Large Fish
Dec 14, 2009
England
hello all,

as some of you may know im making a trip to the LFS tomorrow to get some more plants for my 25g, and i hopefully am getting a male betta ,, i havent had one for about 4 months just my lil ruby ..i dont want to put him in a small 2g tank so is it possible for him to live in a floating betta compartment in my 25g ??????

need answers fast as im going tomo :)

beckyd

Large Fish
Mar 16, 2009
Yeah. Whichever is bigger. Remember, whatever you put him in will be the most water he has ever seen in his life. 2 is enough.

beckyd

Large Fish
Mar 16, 2009
Great choice. One word of caution, watch the betta with the neons. The first betta I ever tried in a community tank killed a neon within 20 min and had injured another. My females have never responded to neons and lots of people say they have kept them together, so maybe that fish just had an attitude. Just want you to know to keep an eye on him at first:)

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Is your gourami aggressive at all? If he's not, you might be able to get away with just letting your male loose in the 25gal. Ask your LFS what they think. If they think he wouldn't be okay with the gourami, then a 2gal is fine. Four of my seven males are in 1.5-2gal tanks.