Worlds Smallest Nano

Oct 17, 2003
Hampton, Virginia
www.freewebs.com
Ive been thinking about trying a nano reef setup and I went to my LFS to look ask some questions about live rock when I saw a new display that they had set up. It has to be the worlds smallest nano reef. It was about 3 inches deep and 4 inches wide by 4 inches long. It had what looked like an itty bitty desk lamp attatchment for light and a baby HOB filter. Inside was 1/2 lb. of live sand, pound of live rock and some sort of shrimp. I thought it was kinda silly and neat at the same time. They wanted 65 bucks for it. I am gonna go back tomarrow and see if they will let me take a picture of it, plus I just want to look at it again.

Oct 17, 2003
Hampton, Virginia
www.freewebs.com
I just did a search for nano cube to see if that was the name of it. Nope that wasnt it, the nano cube is 12 gallons this wasnt even one gallon. This thing probably couldnt hold 6 golf balls. I am really going to have to go tank a picture of it tomarrow.... I am gonna feel really stupid doin it though:(

Last edited:
I have seen those little things, I have never seen one with a heater in it, Im not even sure you could find a heater that would fit in these things. They are impressive little things though, but I dont really know what you could keep stable in there other than a GS an a snail or two.

Your talking about these little things right??

supahtim

Large Fish
Jun 30, 2003
Toronto
lol the nano cube i'm talking about is made by Red Sea, and it's only like half a gallon.

that picture is one of the nano cube. they come in all different colours, and there is even one smaller than that, but it doesn't come with a filter or light.

Tim

Lou

Large Fish
Jul 18, 2003
SW Wisconsin
www.waysmeet.org
We have a 2 gal or so tank and I thought my daughter would want to try a little saltwater experiment, but I've had problems finding information on a SW tank that small. I thought seahorses could be fun, but they need big tanks even if they are the small seahorses.

Oh well. Maybe just for small guppies after all.

BTW where are all the threads that are supposed to be on this forum? there are 3 and the main page says there's a bunch.

Lou

Large Fish
Jul 18, 2003
SW Wisconsin
www.waysmeet.org
shrimp could be nice. Any web sites out there to help with small tanks. Can you use a sponge filter with SW? Cycling the same as FW? Lots of dumb questions, but I haven't found them answered anywhere for really small tanks. I have looked...

***oops wrong. I looked at the old threads here and found a link to nano-reef.com and found this half gallon...

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=24236

Very interesting. No instructions about how to DO it, but very interesting. So I'll poke around that site and look at the old posts here and maybe I'll figure this out.

Last edited:

supahtim

Large Fish
Jun 30, 2003
Toronto
there were no anenomes in there...just zoos, button polyps, star polyps, and some caulerpa. it was pretty awesome looking though! he'll find that the corals will quickly out grow that tank though...but that's nothing a little fragging can't fix! lol hmm...now i want a tank like that... lol

Tim

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
well goof me i dont know what everything is!:Dj/k

seriously, im probably the most uneducated SW tank person here(unless you wanna catch something to eat;)) please ignore everything i say.:)

Fishwatcher: cool 7 bucks, dont know what id keep in one of those....rocks, a snail maybe hehe:D

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
I saw the tank at my lfs for $25 with the filter and light

and the filter is the azzo palm filter and costs $6 bucks

it is a rip off complete better to buy it all seperate

I know this because it is the only filter that will fit my 2 gallon hex
problem:
shipping costs 2 times as much as the filter its
self

10 gallon f/w: 3 long finned danios, 1 tigerbarb, 2 noen blue dwarf gouramis, and a small plecostomus

2 gallon hex f/w: 1 african cichled(cant spell) im keeping him for a friend because hes injured

Last edited: