with the move will come change....

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
Well,
If all goes well...I will be moving the end of next month. I was thinking about it a lot, and have decided to part with most of my favorite fish, and move on to try new things.

My 55 gallon will be fully planted. My 30 gallon full planted, will be "added to my 55 gallon, along with the flourite. I also have an extra bag , I didn't use that will be washed....and washed...then added. I would love some input on what everyone would like to see.

Fish?
Well I love my false and real SAE.
I love my ottos too.
I have some cherry barbs I think I will add.
I think I will also keep my 2 yoyos and all my corys.

My rubys,rosys, sharks, weatherloach, irr sharks,plecoes, and anything else is out.

Now what should the main fish be?  :-/

I was looking through some ammano books and have some ideas on what i want it to look like.

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Don't be afraid to take the saltwater reef plunge once your planted tanks are established.  I have a 60 gallon planted tank in one room and a small reef (45 gallon) in the other room.  
It's the best of both world.  You will become addicted to reef just like you were addicted to a well planted tank.  

Both tanks rock! ;D

Lynn

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
hummmmmmm....I would get some angels for the 55G stars. I'm so addicted to altums now so regal! So if ya can find them they are lovely. For the 30G a pair of Pearl gourami and a few shoaling fish would look gourgous.

Lynn

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Fortunatly for their size angels have rather small mouths. ;) I still wouldn't keep anything tiny like a neon with them though. Whiteclouds do good IME though, otos and angels do great together.

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
Ottos kinda stay out of the way too..unlike a neon. Hmm.

Some ideas I was lokking at is, in the one book, it showed how to create like a hill, with rocks or wood outlining it.

I want to create like a terrain that has a high hill on the one side, maybe a valley between, then another with some wood.
It would kinda look like a path through the trees going to the back at an angle. But the front I need ideas on. Sure , I could lawn it, but maybe just do that in the middle and along the path.  :-/

Lynn

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Perhaps you can have a covering of small smooth rocks about half dolar size with dwarf sag sticking out of the crevices? The lawn some of it with something like micro swords?