what sure i feed them

Some flakes and pellets designed for them should be fine! I've been feeding my tetras some tropical flakes and they have gotten so BIG
O.O
I'm not even kidding! lol - i brought a few more tetras yesterday, and they were the size that my other ones were when i first got them (and i only got the first lot less than a fornight ago), and the comparison is hilarious! :)
I've heard Kio grow pretty fast, when in the right conditions! :)

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Kio? You mean Koi? Hope you have a very large habitat for them to go into :)

Generally I think you should probably go with goldfish food...there are a lot of foods designed just for them. My parents feed their pond goldies some kind of floating pellet that they love. I know that petsmart gives them a slice of orange from time to time, I hear its a treat for them plus something about helping them stay healthy, I dont remember. I don't think its good for other tropicals though...just goldfish,

Aug 20, 2005
Florida
www.myspace.com
for my goldfish i use slow sinking pellets cause they dont eat all that fast.. and usually once the food touches the bottom my lil lazy fishies wont bother with it. I guess it depends on the fish. my goldfish wont touch flakes either... only pellets...

i'm never had a koi.. or know what one looks like to be honest. but i heard they grow pretty big and pretty fast growers.. but that's just what i heard.. dont quote me on it lol

Sep 8, 2005
Hikari gold is an excellent slow sinking pellet for goldfish [especially koi and orandas]. They also love tetrafin flakes.Also they like blanched zucchini, peas and fresh lettuce. Use a veggie clip and remove what they don't eat immediatly.Mine also love shrimp and bloodworms.These fish grow fast and big given a good diet very clean water and lots of room. These fish require a lot of surface area. They also live 20 years or more. Good luck with your fish. I have found goldfishes to be very personable. Oh, yes they like oranges.